Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom Chrome wheels!

So finally got my bike back together yesterday and took my first ride for the season. I bought a pair of Chrome wheels and a chrome pulley through a Chrome Exchange program with Surf City Chrome/ClassicComponents. Their service and quality is excellent, and pricing was very reasonable. I called and ordered wheels from them on a Friday and they were at my door on Tuesday. I also ordered new tires. I went with the Michellin Commander II 80/90 for the front and the Pirelli Night Dragon 200/70 for the rear. I had to carve up my inner fender with the dremel bc the tire was burning right through it. I Love the new look and wanted to share some pics...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice rims! I also have a 200 on the back. It's a great ride. Did you get an overdrive pulley or just go for chroming the stock part?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dag-on... Just one comment? I thought people would be all over Chrome Wheels... I stayed with the stock pulley. The overdrive pulley's IMO are about 3x more expensive than they should be so I held off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dag-on... Just one comment? I thought people would be all over Chrome Wheels... I stayed with the stock pulley. The overdrive pulley's IMO are about 3x more expensive than they should be so I held off.
check out this video. Not that you need it but I bought a couple bottles to try. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm looking forward to applying the polish.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I like the chrome wheel look and talked to the company that does it out of LA, they look sharp and its a show quality chrome finish, my issue is that I never know when I'm in the La area, they could sit there for a month before I can get them picked up and take me even longer to get mine back to them.

In envious, they look sharp.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I do like the chrome wheels/pulley, nice addition.

question about the tire tho. it looks like your bike is lowered? is that the reason it's rubbing on the inner trim? haven't heard too many complain about rubbing issues, was just wondering for myself.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do like the chrome wheels/pulley, nice addition.

question about the tire tho. it looks like your bike is lowered? is that the reason it's rubbing on the inner trim? haven't heard too many complain about rubbing issues, was just wondering for myself.
Thank you! and yes it is 2" lowered. I wish I had an understanding of why it rubs so bad... I am about 250lbs, but even at that I have the shock on setting 6. When I hit a bump, my chrome belt guard and swingarm slams into the FENDER. It has taken the paint off the swingarm and is almost worn through the belt guard. I also ride two up often, and you can only imagine... I am wondering if my rear spring is shot... I have yet to hear or see of another 900 owner with such problems.... and even though I am far from a featherweight, I can't be the heaviest guy riding one that is lowered.... I made a thread a while back looking for ideas and I dont think anyone responded. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts