Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree, for the most part. The gear indicator should have been included as it is on the recent models. No reason it shouldn’t have been on a touted “bigginers bike”. Just a pathetic Kawasaki money grab. That’s all it was. The seat is a story of its own. Nothing wrong with extra lights.
The bags are rider specific. As you said, there’s no storage on this bike. None! There’s all kinds of bags available for anything a rider may want. Windscreen & Boosterplug are nice additions. I’d recommend a radiator guard at least, before making any long trips. That radiator is just to vulnetable, especially behind that short front fender.

·
Registered
237 Posts
On my 2016 bike, I did all you mentioned.

• Windscreen - the low one, I'm short
  • Gear Indicator
  • Storage - I added the Kawi soft saddlebags, and that rear tour pack. On all the time. No tank bag for me, my arms are short, and I don't like reaching over it. For long trips, I have two Nelson Rigg Dry bags that I strap above the saddlebags so I can still access the rear tour pack if needed.
  • The 12V power adapter
  • Light Bar - love that additional light up front.
  • Better Seat - I've got a customized Corbin.
  • Also added that Evotech Radiator cover, looks nice.
  • And, a RAM Mount so I can put my cellphone!
I'm a happy rider!

Gerry

·
Registered
904 Posts
I’d invest in a decent horn also. I like the look of the stock horn, sadly it sounds like a scooter. I want something as loud as a car or close to it. For safety.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my 2016 bike, I did all you mentioned.

• Windscreen - the low one, I'm short
  • Gear Indicator
  • Storage - I added the Kawi soft saddlebags, and that rear tour pack. On all the time. No tank bag for me, my arms are short, and I don't like reaching over it. For long trips, I have two Nelson Rigg Dry bags that I strap above the saddlebags so I can still access the rear tour pack if needed.
  • The 12V power adapter
  • Light Bar - love that additional light up front.
  • Better Seat - I've got a customized Corbin.
  • Also added that Evotech Radiator cover, looks nice.
  • And, a RAM Mount so I can put my cellphone!
I'm a happy rider!

Gerry
Great minds think alike Gerry! I also have the Evotech radiator guard and the RAM mount, but for my GPS. (My cellphone stays in the tank bag nowadays. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’d invest in a decent horn also. I like the look of the stock horn, sadly it sounds like a scooter. I want something as loud as a car or close to it. For safety.
I'll second that notion. It's funny you mention the bike sounding like a scooter. Not my scooter! I put a Stebel Nautilus air horn on my Vespa GTS 300 and it now sounds like a truck.

I am looking to do the same with the KVS when I get some time and a few bucks!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'll second that notion. It's funny you mention the bike sounding like a scooter. Not my scooter! I put a Stebel Nautilus air horn on my Vespa GTS 300 and it now sounds like a truck.

I am looking to do the same with the KVS when I get some time and a few bucks!
Well, I said scooter as a means to indicate it sounds small, but some scooters available nowadays are pretty big. I seen one behind me one day and thought it was a sport or naked bike, until the person passed by and I realized it had a floor.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I said scooter as a means to indicate it sounds small, but some scooters available nowadays are pretty big. I seen one behind me one day and thought it was a sport or naked bike, until the person passed by and I realized it had a floor.
BMW makes a 650 that completely has MC-like performance except for smaller wheels.

It and the large Burgman Executive will hold their own with many motorcycles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts