Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Sorry. Getting used to Photobucket

This is first day I bought it. Wanted something the wife and I could enjoy together as that was not possible with my previous scoot. A Honday Fury.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Added and Amp, 6.5" speaker adapters, and led lit Kicker Marine Grade Speakers.

Added rear speaker kit. Threw out OEM speakers and added Kicker 5.25's

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new bike. Looks great and I like the new speakers. Good work.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Welcome aboard- stay safe.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Am interested in the rear speakers you are using. Are they also 6 1/2" speakers or are they 5 1/4"? I have the adaptors and 6 3/4" in the fairing, and want to add the same speakers to the rear in the near future. Also in the Kickers. Good looking bike by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the compliment. The speakers I used in the rear are the same kicker line that you have in your fairing (kicker CS). But they are 5.25" ones. I just took the stock ones out when I got the rear kit and changed them out. They handle the amp great. Stock wiring and plug and play.

Got the pair on sale at Best Buy . I believe they are 70 RMS. 4 ohm more than adequate for the amp.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mounting them on the top front of the saddlebags? I believe OHIO VOYAGER was looking into making adapters for that install area just like he did with the fairing.

Just added Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs today. I ordered a Kuryakyn trunk rack, Kawasaki top saddlebag Crome accents, iso grips and iOS contoured throttle boss.

I got an unexpected check from my car insurance company for a wreck that happen a year ago. They refunded my deductible. So I had to immediately spend it of course.

Lastly, don't know if I mentioned how nice those rear Kicker CS series 5.25's added to the music surround of the system. I can turn the volume up to 30 and it is still clear sounding and very little bass distortion. Of course with these size speakers, not gonna get much bass response in the first place.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
The adaptors he make for the bags are only for the side opening bags. Asked him if he had plans to do any for the top opening bags and he said he didnt. By the way, I got my adaptors directly from his hands to mine. Said I was the 1st to pick the up in person, that was 4 weeks ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
so... how does one go about putting 6.5" speakers in the front fairing of the Voyager? I believe I'm looking at some sort of adapter? Is there enough factory wiring to extend out or are the larger speakers so deep that more wire is unnecessary?

Having a 2016 Voyager lowered to fit me so while changing fork springs I figure stereo upgrade too! I am shopping amplifiers, which is a must while the fairing is apart/off. I sure wish I could find a Bluetooth head player! I would like to maintain use of the onboard handle bar controls too. Rear speakers might be next. Simpler to go one step at a time, I think?

I'm using progressive suspension springs and shocks to lower the front and rear, hope I like the result.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a guy in Ohio that makes the adaptors for the 6.5" speakers. He can be found doing a google search for Kawasaki Voyager 6.5 speaker adaptors. He makes them using a 3D printer. They work with several popular marine grade 6.5's. As you can see from previous pics, I went with Kicker.

I used the Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 amp. I mounted it using an aluminum mount made by some enterprising eBay seller. Think it was 30 bucks.

Wiring the amp up is easier than it looks. Search the threads here and you will find others that have given the correct wire colors you need to splice.

There was enough wire because the speakers I bought had "pig tail" wires already coming out of them. There is more than enough room for all to fit under the fairing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The led lights in the speakers can be turned up all the way or very low. You can use this fade feature if you by the Kicker remote for about 30 bucks.

Of course you can turn the led off anytime you want with the controller as well.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
so... how does one go about putting 6.5" speakers in the front fairing of the Voyager? I believe I'm looking at some sort of adapter? Is there enough factory wiring to extend out or are the larger speakers so deep that more wire is unnecessary?

Having a 2016 Voyager lowered to fit me so while changing fork springs I figure stereo upgrade too! I am shopping amplifiers, which is a must while the fairing is apart/off. I sure wish I could find a Bluetooth head player! I would like to maintain use of the onboard handle bar controls too. Rear speakers might be next. Simpler to go one step at a time, I think?

I'm using progressive suspension springs and shocks to lower the front and rear, hope I like the result.
Sent PM with detals. These are what they look like.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts