Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm not new to the forum, but I am new to this group. I recently traded my 900 for an '06 Nomad (need to update my avatar). There were some trade-offs to be considered, but all in all I'm happy with my decision.

I love the extra power. The 900 could run 80 mph comfortably all day with no issue, but it did get a little buzzy after 70 mph. I'm still in 4th gear at 75-80 with the 1600, so that's a notable difference and she sounds like a BEAST!

Now, I just have to get used to the weight and the friction zone. The extra ~200 lbs is telling on me at slow speeds (I look like I'm just learning to ride when I'm turning at a stop sign or out of a parking spot), but I'll get used to it shortly. I stalled the bike about 6 times in my first 5 rides because the clutch has less play than the 9 did, but that will improve over time as well.

I'm eager to get her customized and make it "my own". Just wanted to drop in to say hi and introduce myself to the group as I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions in the weeks/months to come. Cheers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
good for you! enjoy your new bike. happy riding, let the mods begin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts