Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ever since I bought my 07 back in april the fuel gauge didnt work at all. The low fuel light did but not the gauge itself... I thought it was really weird too. Anyway today I pulled the tank and the fuel level sensor and found a broken wire on the sensor, the super thin one that the float rides on. soldered it up reinstalled everything and voila working gauge. I find it really strange that the low fuel light would work with a busted fuel level sensor.

Thats all I just wanted to brag about how I fix my own bike a little... No you cant have that 2 minutes of your life back.

·
Registered
30 Posts
saved $$$ too !

Hey, that's cool that you found the problem & it was a simple fix. If you had taken it to the dealer, it might have cost 100 bucks or more. I always like to repair what I can - with tools, a service manual, & nice garage you can go along way. Maybe the low fuel light has a different sensor ?! Nice job !

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good for you, we should all know how to fix the little things (and some of the big things too) on our bikes! Never know when you'll have a problem out in the middle of nowhere.

The low fuel light is on a different circuit, which is why it works while the gas gauge didn't.

And to brag a little too, I recently made the harness to convert a Dual-Fire tach into a single fire tach using the info from http://www.gadgetjq.com/tach_install.htm#sfa, and I contacted the site owner to tell him his diagram is wrong - and that the diodes are on backwards.

In fact, since this is DC current, I really don't think the diodes are necessary. Still, the tach works great, and I was able to set the idle correctly - it was at 1500 rpm!

Doc

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
its not that strange......as the low fuel light run on a speraste circuit and gets its reading from a different sensor......but thumbs up for getting the guage working !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts