Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much yet as I just went for the first ride after installing it and the K&N filter with my Cobra Dragsters. After combing through a lot of forums and hundreds of posts here's what I came up with...

I had the money, I shoulda just got the autotune version.
Big hands do NOT fit in there very well to pop those plugs off the injectors.
Factory setting was 4-2-0, which is almost universally agreed to be too rich. So, I dialed it back to 2-1-0 to try it at first.
Gonna try the stock setting next just to see, as I still had decel popping, albeit 90% less.

So, if there's someone semi close to Michigan ( I hear that environmental stuff like elevation can affect things) with a 900 Vulcan, Cobra dragsters, a K&N filter in a stock airbox who has this thing dialed in perfect please let me know your settings. If your close enough and it works good I might just buy you lunch :)

No idea on mileage yet, but we shall see. Was getting 45+ with just the pipes.

Off the line was nice, accelerating through the gears was awesome. Hit it hard and was stunned....where did all that come from? The holy shit factor was pretty high.

Tomorrow the Scootworks pulley goes in, and then I think I'm done for a while.

·
Registered
658 Posts
+1 on the big hands thing... I know it is a little late for you but I used a set of angled pliers to install mine...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts