Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 vulcan 900 custom with just over 22k miles on it. I picked it up from my neighbor for a killer deal so i cant complain too much about the headaches. He bought it to learn how to ride and rode it maybe 5 times before parking it in his garage and letting it sit for a little over a year before i bought it. I was able to take it on a few short rides and one longer ride that was a little over 100 miles round trip. As soon as i pulled into the neighborhood the electronics all cut out for a moment and started choking and sputtering badly but didn't shut off. I was able to make it into the driveway and shut it off. When i turned the killswitch back on, only the side lights and backlighting of the speedo would turn on. After further investigation i found the IGN and ECU fuses were both blown. I replaced them and when i turned the key on the ECU fuse immediately blew again, and once i turned the killswitch to run it blew the IGN fuse again. I looked the bike up and down and inspected wires and didn't find any that were shorted or rubbing on the frame. Im at a complete loss at this point and from other posts on here, i'm guessing it could be the ECU has gone bad. If anyone has any advice or how i can test the ECU i'm all ears. Also i bought a new battery because the other one was old so i thought it could have been the battery at first not producing enough amps.

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts