Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the VN15 and my other bike (mk1 Bandit 12), the car (2.0 diesel est) gets about 50ish a gal about town and 55ish on a run and the Bandit's not far behind. The VN on the other hand (I know it's running to rich but even when it's fixed and then ok) will be lucky to see about 40 on a run.

It's weird, when you think that it's engine being a 1500 (and not a high performance one at that) being in a bike frame and not hauling the shell of a car about, would be alot better.....like I say, bloody weird!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Add to that the cost of tires when you get some minimal mileage from motorcycle tires (which can cost more than car tires), and a good many miles out of most car tires...

Something somewhere in the equation is seriously wrong, but motorcycle makers and tire manufacturers know that riders can be cash-cows, so they keep shafting us. Though, to be honest, there is a power to weight ratio that I'm sure would detract from the motorcycling experience if, for example, both of your motorcycles were to accelerate the exact same - in all conditions - as your car. A 175cc or 200cc motorcycle might be similar (and it would have much smaller and cheaper tires, and it would get upwards of 70 MPG)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I know....i should maybe start accelerating slower, but then that's bikes are about.....fun/freedom!. Maybe that's why it's had on average 2 owners every 2 years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts