Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I have an 09 Vulvan 900 Classic LT. Just bought it 4 months ago and it just had its 500mi check. It's like new. I love the bike and the more I ride it the more I can,t wait to ride it again. Problem.. The stock seats are killing me. After a couple of hours I'm ready to be off it, plus the studs on the side of the seat chafes my wifes legs. We want to do some touring and my wife likes the looks of the wrap around seats the bigger bikes have like GW. Is there a solution for me besides buying a bigger bike?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Mustang, Corbin, ... Mustang will let you order a seat and return it (undamaged, within 10 days or so) for a refund if it's not right. So will "Ultimate Seats".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah Poncho

Poncho, Poncho, Poncho, you are one funny hombre. I think I let you join my gang, no? Seriously, my wifes not very big. The sides of the passenger seat is lined with studs and there not turning her on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
900 Seat

HELP! I have an 09 Vulvan 900 Classic LT. Just bought it 4 months ago and it just had its 500mi check. It's like new. I love the bike and the more I ride it the more I can,t wait to ride it again. Problem.. The stock seats are killing me. After a couple of hours I'm ready to be off it, plus the studs on the side of the seat chafes my wifes legs. We want to do some touring and my wife likes the looks of the wrap around seats the bigger bikes have like GW. Is there a solution for me besides buying a bigger bike?
I agree with, the OEM seat really sucks.
I got a Kawasaki gel seat of ebay for about 180.00 or something like that.
Rode from Cincinnati to Detroit, 5 1/2 hours only stopped for gas no problems.
Love this seat

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mustang seat with drivers backrest. Thats the only way to go!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
ohd,, nix the corbin.. had em.. sitting on a peice of drift wood is more komfortable.. an probly nicer lookin too,, as is looks is all corbin brings to table.. yeah, guys swear by em. hardkore, hardas..heads.
Don't scare me like that! Just a week or two ago I scored a Corbin Dual Tour off craigslist but won't get to try it out for at least two more months. I've been looking forward to it as anything has to be an improvement over the stock seat. For the price I just couldn't pass on it, plus I have actually had the pleasure of sitting on a small piece of wood for a few days. If the Corbin feels anything like that, I won't even try to resell it, I'll just set it on fire and get the Parts Unlimited seat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Be patient and wait for a used Mustang to come up for sale. A lot of people take them off when they trade bikes and sell them at a good price. I got mine for half off doing that. If I trade or sell mine will be on the market for sure.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You could get a Corbin like this. Or you could get this one. It's for sale. The backrest can go in either the passenger or rider position.

Shoot me a message if you'd like a price and/or more info.

I'd like to thank Ponch for the raving endorsement.

I've always found it to be very comfy, and it sits lower than the stock or Mustang seats.

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
Between Scylla and Charybdis!

Newbi,

I could be wrong, butt, regardless of what anyone else says on this thread, nobody makes a comfortable passenger seat for the Vulcan Classic LT. I been lookin' for one for over a year and I even tried to modify mine, butt, it didn't help. You have the right idea about finding something like the GW passenger seat, but nobody makes one for our Vulcans. I've been tempted to buy a used GW passenger seat and try to fit it on my VN2000. I just haven't taken the time to do the research.

Now, some folks will say that their passenger is quite happy with the seat they have, butt, some fannys are built different than others or are more sensitive. (like the princess and the pea) My princess needs something better than what I've been able to find.

In the meanwhile, I like riding 1 up, but am hearing more frequent inquiries from my princess about a better seat for riding 2 up.

I am currently using the Airhawk II air cushion and it works well for me. She can tolerate riding with the Airhawk, butt, the longer we go the more painful she gets.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I too find myself with the same problem. A couple of years ago I got a gel seat for my V900 but it wasn't much better than the stock seat. Last year I got the Air Hawk seat cushion. My husband and I did a 3 week trip traveling over 6,000 kms and not once did my butt hurt. It was one of the greatest things that was purchased for my bike!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
looks like it came right off a horses back. w/o the horse to kushion the shok.
Wait. I thought the bike was the horse...right? I've never heard anything bad about the Corbin seats so I hope your experience with them was a fluke. But, if it's as bad as you say I already have a plan in mind.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I thought there was one company building a seat that looks similar to the GW seats. Was it David Russell seats? My memory faded once I saw the price, so I may have the name wrong, and I mean no disrespect if there is a reputable business with that name/lower priced seats. I have the Mustang with backrest...no studs. It is MUCH better than the stock seat. That's as far as my experience goes with aftermarket seats......... That is one good looking Corbin saddle, though!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
plus the studs on the side of the seat chafes my wifes legs
i dont let any studs near my wife .... nor my own butt ... no wonder yours hurts :eek:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm a big review reader and thats how I decided on what seat I wanted. The Mustang had the highest % of good reviews than any other seat I looked at, but at the time I never came across the Rusell day long seat witch looks like it would blow any seat away when it comes to comfort but it's more expensive than any other seat. So I went with the Mustang seat from ebay for about $374. w/out the back rest and I and the wife couldn't be happier. The 9 is a great mid size cruiser, I just hope in the up and coming yrs those dumb asses put a little more thought in to the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
David Russell....Russell Day long... that's what I meant....I was close. My Dyslexia. Rollingbones used to be on here, he had one. It looked good. Looked comfortable.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Buy the Corbin

If you can afford it buy the Corbin. The Corbin seat does take 200 to 300 miles to break in but once that is done they are comfortable all day. I have one on my Voyager ABS and I can ride all day with out complaints.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you want to check out just getting your seat rebuilt you can go to Mean City Cycles.com. I had my seat done by them and it worked for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mustang seat with drivers backrest. Thats the only way to go!
i dont let any studs near my wife .... nor my own butt ... no wonder yours hurts :eek:
LOL whiting..... good one :D

I myself have used Mustang with and without backrest, Corbin and Saddlemen. My favorite is the Mustang with backrest. The Saddlemen is because they make a solo seat. I swap between the two. Too bad Mustang seats doesn't make a solo seat. I would have bought one.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts