Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like Homer Simpson waiting to buy his gun. Everyone is enjoying motorcycles except me. Mines in the shop for a few more days and I really want to ride her tomorrow.

I start the Basic Rider Course so that'll tide me over a bit, but it's not the same as a 40 mile ride out on my beautiful 900.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I know what your goin through. When I was in my early 20's I was riding a V4, 45 CI Honda Sabre that was buried behind a snow blower in my Dad's garage still stored. It was one of those freakish days in January in WNY where we got a 70 degree day and I was Jones'n for a ride. Well, my dad had a Puch Moped that was accessible (in another garage) and I took it out, top speed was maybe 25 MPH. We lived in the country so Granny'n down these dairy farm community roads was all I had but I had a blast.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day 1 of the MSF class was today. After sitting in a classroom for 4 hours I finally got to sit on a bike. A little 250 that I'm pretty sure was a 10 speed with a turbo gerbil in it. Oh man it was hell but nice to be on a bike.

Really made me appreciate the 900. I cant wait to get Old Betsy back and take her for a nice ride. This little 1980s bike they had me on was funny. Just didn't even feel like a real bike. I know a 900 isn't exactly the burliest beast of the bunch but it feels more like a real bike.

Only a few more days till she's back...

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's funny, one of my co-workers has a HD 1200 custom and says it looks/feels small compared to my 900.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
It's funny, one of my co-workers has a HD 1200 custom and says it looks/feels small compared to my 900.
How true...I've got a 1200 and there's no comparison to my Vulcan 1500 as far as riding feel and comfort. It's 200 lbs lighter and scuffs the twisty's with ease and just overall different and fun.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
All of those sportsters feel little. I don't think I could ever own one. I do have to say I was impressed with how the 900 classic felt so large and roomy even 2 up. I would like to try a custom but I do not know anyone who has one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts