Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here and new to cruisers. I like the bike but it's so quiet! Is their any way to remove the catalyst (if their is one) or modify the exhaust? I tried searching but no luck. Tia

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,855 Posts
lots of threads here on how to Debaffle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, stock pipes. Have been searching and it seems that's modified stock pipes are still not very loud? Still can't find a "how to" but if it doesn't make much difference I'll just wait and get some new pipes. Which are the best ones for that offensively loud roar? :)

·
2,855 Posts
I have Barons Big and Nasty. Very loud.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have V&H Powershots, and I find them to be a little...polite for my tastes. My previous V2K had Hard Krome straights and they were a bit more brash, but not what I would call "thunderous". So, for offensively loud roar, I would look elsewhere.

smedlin seems to like his loud ass pipes. Maybe he'll chime back in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen some called Samson street sweepers, look ok. I'm going to call the shop and ask "are they going to offend my neighbors?" If the answer is yes, I'll probably get them?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went with the Hard Krome 3" Straights, and love them, even with full baffles...next set will be the Freedom performance sharp radius

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still having no luck. Can't find any how toos? I think I may just pull the silencers off and just get stuck in to hollowing them out

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hey!!! if there is no write up go ahead and do one, somebody has to be the first one. you just do step by step untill you get it as close to the sound you want as possible. There are plenty of write ups to the de-baffling of 1500's and 1600's, how different can it be. I did it on my 1600 and got an improvement of sound level and tone (kinda), but it wasn't xcly what I wanted, worked 4 a while and I was contemplating getting a pair of FP pipes when I pulled the trigger on buying a BEAST with FP's already on.
Even with issues that have been done again and again there's always something you could contribute.

I would recommend you do the ones that are reversible first, like the holes in the end plate, you can plug those with metal screws

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got some freedom performance pipes in the end. Look nice and sound great but, be warned, mine are rusting already and only been on the bike 3 weeks! I also had to torque the headbolts to 15lbs rather than 12 to get a seal and yes, I used new crush gaskets!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
I just got some freedom performance pipes in the end. Look nice and sound great but, be warned, mine are rusting already and only been on the bike 3 weeks! I also had to torque the headbolts to 15lbs rather than 12 to get a seal and yes, I used new crush gaskets!
Where are they rusting??? In 3 weeks???

I've had mine for.. hmm..5+ years. No rust.. AND I live like 2/10 of a mile from the ocean (lot's of salt in the air).

·
2,855 Posts
Barron's Big'n'Nasty - lovely sound, no big mods as they are only the mufflers, the final part.
I recommend them!
And not so expensive as a full exhaust.
Check them out on youtube
I have the same. I like them. Look good, sound good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rusting around the box section where gases collect, also where the bracket fits on and the top of the chrome covers near the engine end. If you look in them from the back you can see rust their aswell. I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts