Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Just put my bike officially up for Sale in the Classifieds. My wife won't let me buy another bike before I sell this one. So please let your friends know that if they want the
Best 2016 Vulcan S ABS Cafe' on this planet to act fast. I am sure it won't last long.
Tons of Goodies installed and very very very low miles. You won't find a better Vulcan S Cafe' ABS anywhere.

Thanks for passing the word around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
Quitter!
Just kidding. :)
Best of luck with the sale.
Variety is the spice of life and I'm sure the mighty Vulcan S will be a great chapter in your life as it has, and will be with many others including myself.
Thanks for sharing in our forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I’m saving for a chieftain darkhorse anyway so a Corbin probably isn’t in my near future on the Vulcan S lol. Congrats again and I hope you pop in from time to time—you have been an invaluable source of information.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Guys, IndyTom's not going anywhere! Y'all need to read between the lines. He's posting this because he doesn't want to sleep on the couch anymore, but like any smart biker, he's letting his wife know that he's doing everything he can to sell it, but look - nobody's making any reasonable offers! I guess I'll just hang on to it until it sells... Should only be a matter of time. In the meantime, check out my new Z900RS! Isn't it shiny??

:D

Seriously though, I wish you luck in the sale Tom. I hope you plan to stick around even after you've gotten that new Z900RS and regale us with your ride reports. We can ride vicariously through you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, I think Foobar is onto something. Either way I am not going anywhere anytime soon. Right now it's the worst time to sell a bike especially in Indiana. Winter is hanging on with no end in sight. One day snow, then ice rain, then just rain with temps in the 20's in the morning and low thirties in the day. Today and tomorrow are the exception with 44 today and a brief 60 tomorrow with heavy rain and Thunderstorms before we have a huge temperature drop back into the the 20's and only low 30's on Sunday. We had the snowiest and rainiest February in over 100 some years. They patched over 50,000 Potholes so far and more are popping up every day. This place looks like the surface of the moon. Even if it were warm enough to ride you would have to play dodgehole which isn't much fun. Wife isn't budging on the purchase of the Z900RS before I sell my present bike. Probably means I miss out on the $500 Kawi Kash and free Exhaust offer. Not worried about the exhaust since the Z900Rs already comes with a pretty decent sounding pipe from the factory and I really don't need anything louder. I may go with an intake since people say that growl is definitely awesome. Well, can't wait for winter to get out of here. I will probably go with the less expensive Black Z900RS if they are still available when I sell my bike. Heck, with my luck I will own the Vulcan S forever. :wink2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
do not underestimate the power of wisdom that wives have over the dumb decisions of their husbands, just sayin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do not underestimate the power of wisdom that wives have over the dumb decisions of their husbands, just sayin

BWAHAHAHA. Truer words have never been spoken. She is a the wise one in the family. Otherwise I would have 10 bikes in the garage and a Cot next to them since I wouldn't be allowed back in the house :grin2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
LOL, I think Foobar is onto something. Either way I am not going anywhere anytime soon. Right now it's the worst time to sell a bike especially in Indiana. Winter is hanging on with no end in sight. One day snow, then ice rain, then just rain with temps in the 20's in the morning and low thirties in the day. Today and tomorrow are the exception with 44 today and a brief 60 tomorrow with heavy rain and Thunderstorms before we have a huge temperature drop back into the the 20's and only low 30's on Sunday. We had the snowiest and rainiest February in over 100 some years. They patched over 50,000 Potholes so far and more are popping up every day. This place looks like the surface of the moon. Even if it were warm enough to ride you would have to play dodgehole which isn't much fun. Wife isn't budging on the purchase of the Z900RS before I sell my present bike. Probably means I miss out on the $500 Kawi Kash and free Exhaust offer. Not worried about the exhaust since the Z900Rs already comes with a pretty decent sounding pipe from the factory and I really don't need anything louder. I may go with an intake since people say that growl is definitely awesome. Well, can't wait for winter to get out of here. I will probably go with the less expensive Black Z900RS if they are still available when I sell my bike. Heck, with my luck I will own the Vulcan S forever. :wink2:


Your trading in the S, what’s the problem, I got 4500 on my S on Trade-In. You could possibly get that. Be sure you want the 900rs. Research gearing, and independent reviews.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
I feel your pain Indytom, Lol :)
I’m working on a Z900. I’m just in a dilemma now as to which bike to sell. I love the Vulcan S, but it’s modern compared to my 800C. The 800 is so full of its own character, it’s hard to give up. It’s day & nite compared to the KVS. I figure the KVS has the same modern feel as the Z900, so I may have to sell it. Anyways, I’m a good time away from doing it here in my neck of the woods because riding season is about 3 more months away, at least. :( I hope you find the bike you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really don't want to trade the bike in. The Nada Book Value is only about 4300 and I doubt that the dealer will even give me that much. I know the Indian/Kawa Dealer won't. I may go to the other dealer that is selling the Black Z900RS and see how much he would give me for the bike. I still think I can get 5k out of the bike easily once the weather gets better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
I really don't want to trade the bike in. The Nada Book Value is only about 4300 and I doubt that the dealer will even give me that much. I know the Indian/Kawa Dealer won't. I may go to the other dealer that is selling the Black Z900RS and see how much he would give me for the bike. I still think I can get 5k out of the bike easily once the weather gets better.


Why keep a bike with an uncomfortable seating position, that is constantly having to be modified to make it work like you want?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
FWIW I bought my bike online from the opposite coast. I used Uship to get it here. It wasn't cheap, but it was fast and simple for both me and the seller. The guy showed up, loaded the cycle and was gone in twenty minutes. I paid for the shipping. It cost the seller nothing and he didn't have to do anything buy coordinate with the shipper who called him directly for pickup.

I paid the seller via PayPal directly linked to my checking account so there was no fee for me to send the money and it was very secure for both of us. Just know that PayPal will take a few days to release the cash to you. The seller sent the bike out before the money cleared in my case and held the title until the money cleared. He then FEDEXED the title to me.

This way you might be able to sell your bike to an area that the riding weather is much more accommodating at the moment. There are very few KVS up on ebay right now. it couldn't hurt to put it up on a Buy it now or Make an offer auction and see what happens.

I also noticed your ad doesn't have any pictures of your bike at all. I would definitely do something about that. Perhaps even a short walk around and audio description posted up on youtube and linked in would be very helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
I really don't want to trade the bike in. The Nada Book Value is only about 4300 and I doubt that the dealer will even give me that much. I know the Indian/Kawa Dealer won't. I may go to the other dealer that is selling the Black Z900RS and see how much he would give me for the bike. I still think I can get 5k out of the bike easily once the weather gets better.
Just hold on Indytom, you’re right. Just wait for the weather and you’ll have that sold in a snap. I’d gladly give you the asking price, with all the extras you have on it, if I wanted a bike. Sure only 700 miles. It’s a new bike without the new bike hassle! A great deal, if you ask me. Have a bit of patience and don’t give it away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the encouragement. I enjoyed riding the Vulcan S but Tex is right. I have been trying to make it more comfortable ever since I got it and I came to the realization that I am just too damn big for that bike. The Z900RS does fit me perfectly and the riding position is a lot more comfortable than the S. I haven't ridden the Z900RS but I have ridden tons of other bikes similar to it like the FZ-09 (Now MT-09) and the XSR-900 and I heard it is a lot smoother and more forgiving than those bikes which like to do wheelies every time you open the throttle. I am sure the Z900RS can do wheelies but not like the others. In Traction Control 2 mode it is almost impossible to get the front wheel off the ground but in Traction control 1 mode it can be done very easily. Personally, I can do without wheelies in this stage of my life. But I will enjoy the performance and riding position more than on the S. The RS does have a seat height of 31.5 inches and my 32 inseam barely flat foots it. Reminds me of one of my bikes that I bought Used from a guy for 2000 bucks back in the mid 90's. It was an old V-65 Saber with full fairing. Nothing like the modern Honda Saber of today. It was more a Sport Bike and that thing just moved. The seat height must have been over 33 inches because I could not flat foot it. It was one of the fastest bikes to date that I have ever owned. Made a mistake to lend it to my brother and he pretty much messed it up. But that is water under the bridge.
Anyway, I will not give the bike away to a dealer for a thousand or more less than I know I can sell it for. I will take some pictures as soon as the weather gets better. Today we are having Huge winds with up to 70mph wind gusts and 37 mph sustained winds and some sort of drizzle crap out there. Temps did go to 57 around midnight and they have been falling ever since. Dropping to 16 tonight but it should be sunny tomorrow and 31 degrees. I may start her up and take her out of the garage and snap some pictures. I am not a good picture taker but I will do my best to capture her beauty :wink2: Thanks again everyone! Looking forward to Spring!! :grin2:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top