Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only problem is the shop (yes i know but it cost the same as gettin a bike lift) i guess took off the rear tire and when they put the belt on they put it to far inside. is there a quick way to put the belt where it should be?
Anyways, she got lowered the full 3in, hoping to get the Mortons trees in a few weeks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Man that's low! It looks like it's already bottomed out, LOL! Has the pipe dragged on right turns, it looks really close to the ground?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Only problem is the shop (yes i know but it cost the same as gettin a bike lift) i guess took off the rear tire and when they put the belt on they put it to far inside. is there a quick way to put the belt where it should be?
Anyways, she got lowered the full 3in, hoping to get the Mortons trees in a few weeks.

any pipe grinding?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Wow too low for my taste. As it is the bike lowers by nature when you're riding it. I can only imagine once you get on it it lowers even more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That looks wrong to me, as if the suspension has broken. Is there any suspension travel left?
I also imagine the rear tyre must be in danger of contacting the mudguard (fender)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure how the susp could be broken .. Rode it 20 miles to work this morning, only thing that rubs is the exhaust over larger bumps, no tire rubbing

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure how the susp could be broken .. Rode it 20 miles to work this morning, only thing that rubs is the exhaust over larger bumps, no tire rubbing
I think the thing is it looks as if it is broken. These bikes are similar to the Harley softail in that there is rear suspension, but it's hidden and the line of the rear frame rail is straight, making it look like a hardtail. However, with your bike, that line is now at an angle, which therefore looks as if it is broken.

I am surprised it doesn't rub.

Regards

Andy

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I see what your saying, she got lowered 3in obviously but ride hasn't changed, it feels light in the front but that's to be expected, everything looks fine, anything you suggest ilook at?

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is what happened when mine was lowered 3". I had to raise it to 2" cause I would have to put my feet on the ground and walk over speed bumps. I scraped all my grease nipples flat, and felt like I was going to get hi sided off the bike a couple times on sharp turns when I would hit a bump through the turn and bottomed out.

By the way, I am 5'7 and 135lbs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok I see what your saying, she got lowered 3in obviously but ride hasn't changed, it feels light in the front but that's to be expected, everything looks fine, anything you suggest ilook at?
Is your lowering kit adjustable? What about a smaller lowering, combined with a fatter back tyre?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, 2 or 3 in. i am already wanting to put it at 2in. 3in looks awsome IMO but impratical. only bein able to lean 20* at most going right just aint cuttin it. hopefully i can find a way to adjust w.o a lift since i dont have one

·
Registered
450 Posts
ya mines at 2 now and hittin the twisties with the same pipes its got a nice lil grind down. what lowering kit did you get? you could try n do the diy bike jack.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You have to raise the bike up enough to get a jack under the rear tire plus a couple of extra inches for adjustment. Since you're raising the ride height, you need to make sure you have the bike high enough in the air to lower the tire an additional 1-2 inches from where it is now.You could build the DIY wood jack (which may get the bike high enough in the air), but you need a low profile floor jack also to put under the wheel.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well got it to 2in w.o bikejack or DIY wood frame jack. i got the accessory jacks out of my truck and wifes car and put one under each frame rail. worked perfectly. gave it a GOOD shake to make sure she was sturdy enough to do work. anyone know the torque spec of the bolt to adjust it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
well got it to 2in w.o bikejack or DIY wood frame jack. i got the accessory jacks out of my truck and wifes car and put one under each frame rail. worked perfectly. gave it a GOOD shake to make sure she was sturdy enough to do work. anyone know the torque spec of the bolt to adjust it?
.......44 ft lb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts