Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a new tire and thought Id try the 230 just to fill out the back fender a little more. I mounted it Friday evening and put it back on the bike Saturday morning. Before putting it back on I trimmed the inner fender and belt guards, then after putting it back on I had enough clearance to fit my fingers all the way around. When finished I went for a ride to Springfield (about 75 miles). Everything seemed fine and I liked the small reduction in RPMS. Then about 5 miles from my destination my bike started shaking really bad so I pulled over and looked at the back tire. There was a wore spot right down the middle of the tire about 3/4 of the way through the tread, all the way around the tire, where it had rubbed something. Im guessing I picked up a rock or something. So anyways, I was stranded there in town so I called around and the only place that had a stock size tire was a Kawasaki dealership and all they had was a Shinko (not real happy about that but beggars cant be choosers). So I ended up limping the bike there and having it changed out.

Just something for people to keep in mind before switching over. I know there are several people who haven't had any troubles out of the 230, but that wasn't the case for me. Very expensive lesson learned. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i hope you kept the tire ... call avon direct to proceed with warranty issues and out of pocket costs. Regardless of the tire size or brand, something is just not right there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Email avon they will take care of you!! I had a problem with mine 230 and they take good care of me!!! Unbelivable service!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sent them an email earlier today, hope to hear something from them soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts