Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 900 classic Phase 1:Front end

On the first of the month I got a chance to install my first rounds of mods/acessories.

OEM Kawasaki Windshield
OEM Kawasaki Windshield Emblem
OEM Kawasaki Light Bar
OEM Kawasaki Lowers

But given the color scheme of my bike I couldn't have all that chrome, so I had to have all the brackets powder coated black. I found a guy with a shop in Fenton, MI that did it all for $120 and had a 3 day turn-around. He even coated the screws, bolts, and washers.

After all, imho, chrome is an accent NOT a main color, lol.

***EDIT***
Phase 0: Stock pictures can be found here:
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65553

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
you going to black out the pipes also?

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you going to black out the pipes also?
Im not sure yet what I'm going to do with the pipes. I might try to find a used set of OEM black ones off a custom. The other thing I've been thinking about is if/when I get a set of Cobra pipes (not sure which ones yet, leaning towards the Speedster Longs) is if I should have them ceramic coated in a flat black.

Clean. Very nice.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
You're doing it backwards! MORE Chrome, not less!

:D:D:D:D:D

It looks good. Keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Don't listen to him, you get my vote :D

I need to get black engine covers and always liked the look of the fork covers. mmm black fork covers on a custome se? :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
This has to be one of my favorite color combos on the Classic -- your upgrades look great! If you get black pipes, it might make the white stand out more...?

Looking forward to Part 2!

·
Registered
941 Posts
That looks nice. I actually like the black on the windshield. Hopefully it can withstand all the scrubbing I have to do to keep the bugs off.

That colour combo would look great with the Indian/Drifter front fender that is floating around out there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I was pretty indifferent about that color combo until I saw it in person then I really fell in love with it. I like it even more all blacked out like you did.

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the kind words. I ended up taking the Returning Riders BRC last saturday and did find one flaw I was not aware of. My handle bars are too low. On some of the tight cone weaves I ended up stabbing my knee caps with the break and clutch levers. But I should be able to losen the clamps and rotate the bars up. I'll keep ya'll posted on any updates.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Super nice! that's why we make our bikes our own.

Classic Lt
Cobra pipes
Jell seat
Cobra light bar
Memphis Shade
Fuel
grips
highway bar
pegs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the tip,I will do what you suggest.After all,chrome won't get you home,right? Your handlebar also look great,so I have to ask you,did you have to modify all the cables and wireing to make it fit?

Thanks again.

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No those are the stock OEM handlebars, and all the accesories are OEM as well. No modifications were needed to make them fit/work.

Although I did have to compleatly disasemble and unwire the light bar for the powder coat to be applied. Otherwise the wires would get melted. All I did was take notes and pics of the compleate dissaembly process so that I could reverse it to reassemble.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
I gotta ask. Have you noticed a difference after adding on the lower shields? I have some on order but have not yet received them just curious as to what I can expect out of them. I would hate to think I just wasted $110 and not see any improvement.

And BTW Nice Looking paint scheme! I am a fan!

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put all 3 on at the same time so I cant really say what the difference between shield and shield with lowers is. But with them both highway riding is alot more comfortable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts