Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some universal mini floorboards off fleabay and they came in today. I knew they wouldnt fit without some modifications so here is what i did.

I set the floorboards on the passenger pegs and clamped them eyed them up as best i could to level and drilled a small pilot hole through both sides(pegs are hollow so this isnt very hard. I had to make sure and keep the drill as level as possible so that the bolt would go thru straight and the boards wouldnt get all cattywompussed. I left the rubber on for some extra padding under the boards.

I got a bit frustrated at first but after i got started it really was no big deal.

The boards came chrome plated and i scuffed them up and painted them with some high temp flat black paint but it has already started to flake so i guess i am going to have another go at it. Priming them first them trying to paint them with my gun and see if that works.

Here are few pics, this is a great cheap way for some passenger floorboards IMO

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
782 Posts
Try this stuff from Rustoleum. I used the gloss black on my Jeep rims and it hasn't come off even through some pretty rough mud and rocks.

I scuffed the rims up with sandpaper, cleaned them well with a damp rag of mineral spirits, taped off the rims and then painted. I did about 3 coats over a few hours one afternoon. Then (and this is important) I let them sit for a couple days. This stuff takes a while to cure properly, but once it does it is stuck for life. I have used it on several projects from tire rims to refinishing my grandad's old Craftsman tool box. So far, this stuff is just grand.

Rustoleum link

PS- The floor boards look great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts