Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 ABS
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to list all my mods and get any positive feed back on other ideas I can do. My goal is to make this bike uniquely mine. I don't care if another bike can do it better or if something I have is overkill, I got what I got. Currently at 7994 miles.

(Self Installed)
Dynojet Power Commander 5
HiFlo Filtro Air Filter
Safer Turn's Smart Brake Module
Safer Turn's Smart Turn System
OEM 12vdc connector
RAM X Grip mount
Nelson Rigg Commuter Sport Tail Bag
OEM Helmet Lock
OEM Power Relay
OEM Large Windscreen
Hepco & Becker Solorack with Driver's Backrest
Kuryakyn Heavy Industry Switchblade Pegs
2x GoPro's
R&G Radiator Guard
Matt Gecko LED headlight
Denali Mini Soundboom Horn
R&G Tidy Tail
Motorcycle License Plate Frame With LED Turn Signals and Brake Lights (On Amazon)
Danmoto Highwayman Exhaust

(Awaiting Install)
Custom headers for Arrow Rebel (w/ 18mm Bung)
Dynojet Autotune

(Shipping to me)
Arrow Rebel (waiting 8-12 weeks to ship :( I already intend to pull out the baffle)
Corbin Seat

(Uninstalled)
OEM Leather Saddle Bags

(Considering)
Backseat w/backrest and sissy bar (so my son can ride with me when he is older)
Engine guard/with highwaypegs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's do you mean 1/4 of the upgraded spark plugs? I don't understand.

As for the engine guard, yes I'm thinking about it, however I haven't found on I like yet.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I think I understand what you're saying. It's why I'm only considering upgrading. Iridium is pretty awesome, the only upgrade I can see is getting the pulstars.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S
3 Posts
Smart Turn System (anyone got a how to install specific to our bike? Or recommendations to make it plug and play so I don't have to cut wires?)
I have both modules (signals and brakes) so hit me up. It's pretty straightforward although there are double cabling with the same color. One is used for hazard lights (I have 2019 model) and so you need to kind of cut one, check if this is the one you wanted and if not then cut another one. Besides this, the installation is pretty straight forward, although cutting is required.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife recently got a brand new Vulcan S and I've been 'playing' with it for her. In addition to the normal lighting upgrades (did my own driving light setup) I went with LED blinker bulbs and a Skene controller for them. It turns the front blinkers into DRLs that have a high frequency flicker to them, but function as normal flashers when indicating turns. I noticed a difference immediately with how people notice the bike and give room while lane splitting (Ca) vs the week before I installed the kit so it seems to work really well for getting noticed. The idea is that when you look at them head on (from a distance) you don't really notice the flicker, but when you're looking away from them they become more obvious. Basically, people that aren't looking directly at you will still notice you.
For luggage we did a pair of Shad SH36 side cases, it adds width to the bike but allows her to keep her helmet in one and riding jacket, gloves, etc in the other when using the bike to commute. She works in the school healthcare system and visits multiple sites, so it's easier to dump her gear than find a place to store it at each location.
Also did a Puig crash bar, it's her first 'heavy' bike so it's just a matter of time...

·
Registered
2015 - Kawasaki Vulcan 650s
28 Posts
i put a matt gecko LED headlight assembly instead of getting the OEM LED one i love it, looks great and bright nice to see the sides of the road, its still a pretty penny but it looks alot better then the OEM one and i tried just replacing with a LED bulb didnt do enough for me plus i love the halo ring. i just put a backrest on it for my corbin gunfighter saddle bag it looks good on it my girlfriend sat on it said it felt alot better and more comfortable with having something on the backside instead of holding on for dear life. Haven't gone on a ride yet waiting for a new rotor that was bent when i got new tires over winter
heres a night video i posted with it

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How difficult was it to install the led light?

·
Registered
28 Posts
How difficult was it to install the led light?
you have to swap over some of the brackets i wish it came with directions but i was able to figure it out took me maybe an hour to figure it out and get it together, once you swap over the brackets & the outside cover its just plug & play

·
Registered
28 Posts
So no extra parts needed?
nope it comes with everything you need and you just unscrew the brackets on the back of the old OEM headlight and put it on the new one then you just plug it into the old socket

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man, ordered one, it looks great. I like how bright it is in the video, my stock is too dim, even in the city. I won't need a light bar now 😆

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks man, ordered one, it looks great. I like how bright it is in the video, my stock is too dim, even in the city. I won't need a light bar now 😆
you're welcome anytime i got a bunch of different things going on with my bike ever got any questions just shoot over a message, i was debating about getting the LED light bar but after i actually installed this i haven't found the need to spend the $400 on it, plus its not as easy as just plug and play. its brighter then my buddies harley set up with the LED headlight & running lights/turn signal

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updated OP with pictures and current Mods. I'm not sure which I'm more excited for, the exhaust or the headlight. granted headlight will be here sooner.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Updated OP with pictures and current Mods. I'm not sure which I'm more excited for, the exhaust or the headlight. granted headlight will be here sooner.
They both help out especially with safety I know my TBR exhaust is verryy loud i have to wear earplugs with it but atleast i know people can hear me had a few close calls prior to that with the stock sewing machine exhaust but its look great piece by piece it becomes your own

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was watching my gopro earlier. It really does sound like an angry sewing machine 🤣

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The fact you have to wear earplugs tells me no thankyou lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts