Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my bike all set up with a Reckless fairing and DMY trunk reinforced with 3 layers of fiberglass inside for strength. I will be posting a link to my blog with the whole process later.

Here is a list of all the mods I have, I think.
Reckless Fairing with ipod stereo, painted windshield with 3 pouch bag.
55w running lights mounted on custom painted lowers
125db Wolo air horn
Hardwired Garmin nuvi 2455LMT GPS
12" springer apes
G-man Bully fuel processor
Thunder Mfg OEM cover airkit with K&N filter
6 circuit wiring block for power
Mutazu DMY trunk, reinforced with fiberglass, luggage rack and a hardwired 12v accessory plug.

And here is my blog with all the updates, www.mylifebikeride.blogspot.com

·
Registered
636 Posts
nice

Very nice!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Very cool!

So what made you decide to do this instead of going with a voyager? The mods you did put the price of that '12 Nomad fairly close to the voyager didn't it?

Just curious!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If you buy some lowers for it people will really think you are riding an Ultra Classic.

Did you have to go with new wires and hoses to use those APES?

At first I thought it was an '09 until I read your signature. Looks more like the '09 colors instead of the '12.

Also, can't believe you did all that work and are still running the stock seats. Guess you haven't put many miles on it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
GREAT LOOKIN SKOOT!!:good:

RACNRAY

·
Registered
414 Posts
looks good!!!

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you buy some lowers for it people will really think you are riding an Ultra Classic.

Did you have to go with new wires and hoses to use those APES?

At first I thought it was an '09 until I read your signature. Looks more like the '09 colors instead of the '12.

Also, can't believe you did all that work and are still running the stock seats. Guess you haven't put many miles on it yet.
Meh not really, too many distinguishing features that make it a Kaw.

Nope, stock wires/hoses just fit

Guess I need to go look at the 09 cuz I did not know that.

I actually LIKE the stock seat, I will be doing the knoplace (gel insert with memory foam on top) mod to it just to add a little comfort level.

·
BOTM Winner, August/2012
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool!

So what made you decide to do this instead of going with a voyager? The mods you did put the price of that '12 Nomad fairly close to the voyager didn't it?

Just curious!
Actually with all my mods I am only 1400ish over the ~11K I spent on the Nomad so still far lower than the Voyager. Plus I didn't really like the look of the Voyager...frame mounted fairings aren't really my thing but I am starting to like the Vaq more and more.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks VERY nice. Got that custom look :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Meh not really, too many distinguishing features that make it a Kaw.

Nope, stock wires/hoses just fit

Guess I need to go look at the 09 cuz I did not know that.

I actually LIKE the stock seat, I will be doing the knoplace (gel insert with memory foam on top) mod to it just to add a little comfort level.
Maybe it is just my computer screen but the silver looks more beige on my screen.

Here is the '09 I had.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts