Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you posters for having been helpful to so many confused riders. I am one of them. Been two weeks since i got my 800, and here are some of the issues i would be happy to resolve with your help.

! : I have barely any specific tools, just the basics.

Inspection: Requirements left : Horn, turn signal.

Horn problem: The given horn would not work, even after bolting it on & trying it after starting the engine.I have tried to buy a new horn, and it would not make even a chirp. What could i do to remedy this?

Turn signal problem: The night that i went to check it out for the first time, the motorcycle started and the turn signals worked fine.
However, now in my possession, the turn signals ONLY WORK LIKE NORMAL when i am moving. ie: If i am stopped or slow, it will inconsistently blink and get dimmer. BUT! it will work again at a stop/slow IF i rev and ONLY if the cycle is revved. What could be causing this delima?

Now the MOST important thing i'm facing: My engine won't start. I rode it two days ago. When i tried to start it today, i pulled the choke to give it a little gas, and i could hear the gas flowing in. And then it got quieter and quieter. I thought it was good on idle so i tried to let go of the clutch, it just died. So i have an inclining that it has something to do with the choke, as it did give a notable auditory change after i pulled it for a couple of seconds. The change being: loud like it's revving, to a idle.

I appreciate and time and effort you guys would lend me. Thank you!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't know if the 800 has a horn relay or not, but given the horn and turn signal issue, first thing I'd do is check the battery's voltage. I'd also look at the connections at both the horn and turn signal switch.
What do you mean by not starting? What got quieter and quieter? Does it crank, just run over slowly, start but die when you let out the clutch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts