Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On June 7th I turned over my 1st 1000 miles. I decided as it was getting close that I would stop where ever it was and snap some pics and here they are.

These were taken along Route 6N heading towards Albion PA in Erie County as we were heading to the White Turkey Drive In

Now I have 1300+ miles and climbing. I just love T'Pol

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats. I think that would have beeen funny as all get-out if that had happened in front of a Harley Dealership!!!:D:eek::cool:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats. I think that would have beeen funny as all get-out if that had happened in front of a Harley Dealership!!!:D:eek::cool:
LOL that would have opened up all kinds of cans of worms

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
203 Posts
careful... it gets addictive! hahahaha I took a pic when I hit 10000. lol and just rolled my 08 over 15500 on the 10 month 2 week anniversary!

before you know it you will be thrilled to hit 10 grand!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
careful... it gets addictive! hahahaha I took a pic when I hit 10000. lol and just rolled my 08 over 15500 on the 10 month 2 week anniversary!

before you know it you will be thrilled to hit 10 grand!
Well we did buy these things to ride ;) I do enjoy riding so very very much too. Makes me woder how many more miles I would have on it if I rode it every day.

·
Registered
203 Posts
yeah they rack up fast. I ride mine every day rain or shine. it is killing me today cause my seat is being reworked and wont be ready til tomorrow or thursday so no riding... went and bugged some friends! hahaha they were picking that I was a stranger now!

taking Tink on a 1000 mile trip this friday to NC to see my new grand baby and then will need a new tire! hahaha 2 in a year! that some serious riding! hahaha

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah they rack up fast. I ride mine every day rain or shine. it is killing me today cause my seat is being reworked and wont be ready til tomorrow or Thursday so no riding... went and bugged some friends! hahaha they were picking that I was a stranger now!

taking Tink on a 1000 mile trip this Friday to NC to see my new grand baby and then will need a new tire! hahaha 2 in a year! that some serious riding! hahaha
What are you having done to the seat? How many miles are you getting on your tires?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just checked my odometer. I'm less than 800 miles behind you ;-)

For the seat, I replaced it with the "Ultimate Seat". For me, the best money I spent. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

I did get around 8000 miles off of the stock tires, but they were bald.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just checked my odometer. I'm less than 800 miles behind you ;-)

For the seat, I replaced it with the "Ultimate Seat". For me, the best money I spent. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

I did get around 8000 miles off of the stock tires, but they were bald.
I have heard to expect about 8000 miles out of the original tires. What is an "Ultimate Seat"?

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I went to the "local" dealer, they pointed out the bald spots.

Depending on the tire, most are soft, you can expect between 5 - 8K, depending on your riding style. Needless to say mine were bald in spots ;-)

The Ultimate Seat http://www.ultimateseats.ca/. Or there is Mustang seats.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I hadpart of the foam removed where your butt cheeks sit and replaced with thick memory foam. he also tacked the back seat area where I sit down and created more of a pocket and it has made a world of diffrence... 40 bucks later I rode 150 last night and no discomfort and ache and then did 25o this morning and still no pain!

I got 7500 out of my 1st tire and would have had more but I just replaced it when I did the 7500 service since it was close. and had about 1500 more I would think but it was just easier.

I am at 8000 on this one and it is still pretty good on the tred. will replace it soon though just in case. and will do the front at that time.

just rolled it past 16000 today and am a week shy of 11 months!

yes I am addicted to the wind in my face! hahaha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts