Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my 1998 Vulcan 1500e Classic operational and out for a ride. I've only ridden it home after buying it and to and from the shop when I had it gone over and fluid/filters changed. My other two bikes were a 2004 H-D Heritage Soft Tail Classic and a 2014 H-D Street Glide. The Vulcan performed perfectly!! Took it down the "5 and Dime" which is a great "test track". I couldn't be happier with the Bike...if I had gone to a tailor and had been measured for a suit, I doubt that it would have fit me as well as the Vulcan! It's the equivalent of an H-D Soft Tail, but a little lighter. That means that it is more maneuverable and I don't have to fight it. It is also perfectly balanced. The exhaust note is similar to a Soft Tail. I am in Heaven. The Bike is just perfect for me......did I mention that I paid only $1,750.00 for it! I can and have done work on it and I have decided that this will be my last bike. As it is a 1998, we can grow old together and enjoy each other's company. It may be a 1998, but it runs like a 2018! I have to give a shout-out to Screamin Motosports of Eltham. They are just the best. It was declared a "very clean Bike" by them. The ride was beautiful, however, I realized that I need to wear more clothes as I have lost 70lbs of internal insulation since I last really rode. If anyone is wondering, the license plate "MSHKA" stands for Mishka, my little Black Pug who I lost to a brain tumor in March. He loved to ride (in a car) so much. This way, every time I am on my Bike, he can be with me.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2004 Heritage Soft Tail Classic was traded in for the 2014 Street Glide. My wife wanted a better ride. Two years ago, the engine in my son's truck blew up the month of his last payment. We really didn't have the money to give him to help buy a new truck so I sold the Street Glide, bought an almost brand new Subaru Forrester and gave my son my Jeep Cherokee. After two years with out a Bike and the losing my Pug, I ended up in an emotional crisis. Having lost two pieces out of my soul, I realized that I needed to fix things. There is no way that I could afford even a used H-D.....I researched Bikes and found that the Vulcan was the closest to an H-D. I found this for $1,750.00 and could buy that with money earned from extra-duty work. After riding the Vulcan, I decided that I am so happy with it that this will be my "forever" Bike.......I am configuring it to look like my old Soft Tail, except my Vulcan is Black instead of "Glacier White".....

·
Registered
477 Posts
2004 Heritage Soft Tail Classic was traded in for the 2014 Street Glide. My wife wanted a better ride. Two years ago, the engine in my son's truck blew up the month of his last payment. We really didn't have the money to give him to help buy a new truck so I sold the Street Glide, bought an almost brand new Subaru Forrester and gave my son my Jeep Cherokee. After two years with out a Bike and the losing my Pug, I ended up in an emotional crisis. Having lost two pieces out of my soul, I realized that I needed to fix things. There is no way that I could afford even a used H-D.....I researched Bikes and found that the Vulcan was the closest to an H-D. I found this for $1,750.00 and could buy that with money earned from extra-duty work. After riding the Vulcan, I decided that I am so happy with it that this will be my "forever" Bike.......I am configuring it to look like my old Soft Tail, except my Vulcan is Black instead of "Glacier White".....
Wow, what a story! Glad you're back on 2 wheels!

-John

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too! Yesterday was the first time I took it out for pleasure........50 degrees, sun out, beautiful roads.......I was emotionally flying.......I have bonded to my Vulcan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts