Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.....the single best improvement was the Scootworks front pulley, it brought the RPMs down on the highway without making the low end torque suffer and it brought my speedo to within 1-2% accuracy instead of 10-12%

the next thing i did a few months later was the HK 2 into 1 pipes, i did them before the BAK or FI controller...they enable scavenging which greatly improved performance. I was IMPRESSED with the performance gains just from these pipes alone.

I added the BAK and fi2000 at the same time about 2 months after the pipes, unfortunately the performance didn't seem to increase much more though. If the stock airbox wasn't so damned ugly I'd probably put it back on and remove the fi2000 and just run the pipes by themselves.

Everything i have done has improved the bike but the BAK and fi2000 wasn't a Huge improvement like the pipes were.

keep in mind too that a 2 into 1 exhaust will give you better performance than a standard exhaust, my HK's are loud though....if you don't want a loud bike then these aren't the pipes for you.

Depending on how i ride i get between 43-45 mpg ACTUAL.

Hopefully this helps anyone that was thinking about these mods.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Great post, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts