Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it turns out these guys have all of these really nice looking bags. Inexpensive is the word here. I wonder how many of you might have tried these out. Any comments? Also so another brand TMS? They sell a very nearly identical set of bags for half the price. I saw these on amazon. The reviews were not encouraging. Any roads I saw at least one member who has these and I pmed him. Hoping there might be some other folks with feed back.

Thanks for your comments or help

Michael aka KV:confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a set of the HL bags. They were $ 340 delivered with brackets
Have had them a couple months. I load em up with rain gear sweatshirt backpack with computer etc. no big problems. Had to replace weatherstrip with new foam to keep dry
Hinges adjusted they are plastic going to replace them. Latches adjusted to ensure tight seal. Added fender washers when I mounted. Small improvements made but for the price i can deal with that. They are not Corbin bags but look good and are functional. Overall very pleased.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of the HL bags. They were $ 340 delivered with brackets
Have had them a couple months. I load em up with rain gear sweatshirt backpack with computer etc. no big problems. Had to replace weatherstrip with new foam to keep dry
Hinges adjusted they are plastic going to replace them. Latches adjusted to ensure tight seal. Added fender washers when I mounted. Small improvements made but for the price i can deal with that. They are not Corbin bags but look good and are functional. Overall very pleased.
Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
453 Posts
The cost of the TMS would scare me off!! Under 50 bucks!:rolleyes: I have the Mutazu MUs and have been happy with them. I would like to see the TMS installed on a bike. Just not MY bike!!

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cost of the TMS would scare me off!! Under 50 bucks!:rolleyes: I have the Mutazu MUs and have been happy with them. I would like to see the TMS installed on a bike. Just not MY bike!!
The MU's look great on your bike!

Funny think is the TMS ones look exactly like the LN's
:struggle:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Might be worth a try. You won't be out much bank!! Keep us posted!! AND without a picture,.... it didn't happen!!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The Mutazu bags are decent. They flex, come cheaply painted (doesn't matter if you're getting them painted anyway), the paint isn't bad but it's got a bit of an orange peel to it and isn't near the quality of paint your bike has. Cheap plastic chrome trim, and the mounting hardware is 'basic'. BUT; for the cost, they are pretty good. Better than any other cheap bags I've seen, they look good, and hold a lot of gear! I've had mine loaded up with luggage strapped on top.

$1500+ Corbin bags are nice. Solid, seem like something that would be OEM in quality! But they are $1500! For a couple hundred bucks you can get Mutazu bags that do a pretty good job. I'd buy them again. As for the other brands? I've yet to see another 'cheap' brand I've liked enough to put it on my bike. I've seen the $50-$100 hard bags on other bikes. Nearly all of them were broken after a short period of use. VERY flimsy, easily cracked, etc. The Mutazu bags are at least better than that!

One thing you can do is line the inside of cheap bags with bondo or another body filler to strengthen them up. I've used the bondo 'kits' before with the resin and strips. On my first car, an old beater I had in high school. Had a couple holes in it. That stuff was hard as a rock when it dried! Had to smooth it out with an angle grinder.

Also; sometimes you'll see re-branded Mutazu bags elsewhere for a little bit more. Sometimes you'll see them cheaper than from Mutazu too, are they cheap chinese knockoffs of a cheap chinese knockoff? Who knows. Or maybe they are the real deal and we all wasted money? LOL

Let us know! For $50 it's worth a try right?

-John

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To quote Oddball from Kelly's Heroes, "Hey man with so many positive waves we can't loose!:D" Any way I will order them tomorrow. I have semi rigid bags now. I can probably keep those frames and practically just drill the bags and bolt them in. I can see about reinforcing them if it becomes an issue later.
They have a universal Batwing shield too. But I have a police style shield now. First things first.:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the L & bags from hopefully I will see the L N bags by the end of the week YouTube zoo . Aka Mutazu..:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi, it turns out these guys have all of these really nice looking bags. Inexpensive is the word here. I wonder how many of you might have tried these out. Any comments? Also so another brand TMS? They sell a very nearly identical set of bags for half the price. I saw these on amazon. The reviews were not encouraging. Any roads I saw at least one member who has these and I pmed him. Hoping there might be some other folks with feed back.

Thanks for your comments or help

Michael aka KV:confused:
Mike,

I have a set of RS bags (OEM mounts) and a trunk (mounted on a Wompus rack). I just returned (today) from a 3200 mile trip from Texas to Idaho and back. I had no issues with the luggage. They are plastic so do not expect a rock solid feel. However, this can be a benefit. I am perfectly happy with my purchase.

Kendawg

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike,

I have a set of RS bags (OEM mounts) and a trunk (mounted on a Wompus rack). I just returned (today) from a 3200 mile trip from Texas to Idaho and back. I had no issues with the luggage. They are plastic so do not expect a rock solid feel. However, this can be a benefit. I am perfectly happy with my purchase.

Kendawg

Feeling better now. Cool!

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Mike, I've had my RS bags for a few years now. I've put them through some pretty rough terrain. I did build my own brackets that support both the back and the bottom. Mine seem to always be full. They have held up well. If they tore apart tomorrow, I'd still feel like I got my money's worth. And I'd replace them with another pair. I did have an issue with the soldering on one of the lights, but fixed them by throwing away the light board and replacing with those LED strips of lights you can buy at any auto zone store, minor thing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, I've had my RS bags for a few years now. I've put them through some pretty rough terrain. I did build my own brackets that support both the back and the bottom. Mine seem to always be full. They have held up well. If they tore apart tomorrow, I'd still feel like I got my money's worth. And I'd replace them with another pair. I did have an issue with the soldering on one of the lights, but fixed them by throwing away the light board and replacing with those LED strips of lights you can buy at any auto zone store, minor thing.
I like the way you "fix" things lol%P

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Kilted ... I replied to your PM, sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have my eye on the MU bags as well. Matte black to match the SE.

we need more pics of Mutazu bags on bikes!

I've been looking at profiles but no updates to albums (I'm lazy too so I can't really complain). I'd be out riding but this 30 mins of rain followed by 30 mins of sun all day has me PO'd.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
we need more pics of Mutazu bags on bikes
Both sets are installed on stock LT brackets ...

my custom ....

My classic

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Both sets are installed on stock LT brackets ...

my custom ....

My classic

Both bikes look great! The bags look like they totally belong on them. What kind of fairings are those and where did you get them?
:D

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Both bikes look great! The bags look like they totally belong on them. What kind of fairings are those and where did you get them?
:D
Those are the memphis shades batwing fairings. He's talked about them in other threads!

Here's mine;

The Mutazu bags make a handsome addition! Handy too, to have locking storage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts