Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering a purchase, these seem like a really good deal. Can anyone tell me whether the burgundy red is a close match for the VN900 Classic color? I'd probably stick with black if it's much of a difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks pretty close in pic #3, comparing top of the bag with the tank. The color looks noticeably brighter elsewhere depending on lighting, but probably close enough.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Looks pretty close in pic #3, comparing top of the bag with the tank. The color looks noticeably brighter elsewhere depending on lighting, but probably close enough.
They are very close. My trunk is very close (deep cobalt blue) and it's hard to tell the difference. They (Mutazu) just did not have the saddle bags in this color to match so I had to get black.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think I would order the red one's! Would look better than black IMO. May not be a perfect match, but you might not have to paint them. Paint can be more than the cost of the bags!! I have owned the same bags for over a year, with no problems. They are inexpensive, and nice looking!!

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been considering a purchase, these seem like a really good deal. Can anyone tell me whether the burgundy red is a close match for the VN900 Classic color? I'd probably stick with black if it's much of a difference.
If you buy those red ones, I hope you'll post back here with some pictures to show how well they matched. They look like they'd be close, but hard to tell from a picture.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Another +1 to wompus rack. Those are one of the best kept secrets in the motorcycle world I think. No more expensive than any name-brand luggage rack; but ridiculously strong. You could mount a tow hook to it! (Okay maybe not). Kinda ugly but they are going up underneath a trunk so what's it matter?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are very close. My trunk is very close (deep cobalt blue) and it's hard to tell the difference. They (Mutazu) just did not have the saddle bags in this color to match so I had to get black.
Did you get the standard mounting kit? They indicate the the "Rigid Brackets" are matched to each model, so it may be worth the extra few bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Did you get the standard mounting kit? They indicate the the "Rigid Brackets" are matched to each model, so it may be worth the extra few bucks.
Yes, they came with the standard mounting kit and have used for my installation. Mutazu improved the kit some time ago by (what looks like) a bracket welded from one corner to the other. It has worked great so far.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does anyone know what size bolts/thread type are needed for bag installation? I have a set of RS bags waiting for me at home and I'd like to stop at Lowes to pickup some hardware for the installation.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I took mine to Lowe's to match (they have some nice gauges to check your bolt), but believe they are 8mm x 1.25. Length is up to you depending on how you are installing (rack spacer width).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts