Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wondering who has the mutazu batwing fairing,and how have you mounted it.Im interested because they come in black,white and more importantly silver the colour of my 06 classic memphis shades is too pricey for me plus i would want to paint it.Anyhow how would you rate it in thumbs! up or down thanks Rob

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I havent seen or heard from any one on here who has one.

For those interested,here's the link ...

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=26&menu=Accessories&product_id=380&s=prod.php

and a pic ....

I dont have a comment either way, other than i have their MU bags on both my bikes and have always had good service and help from them. You may have to be the forum "guinea pig". The price is right, what about mounting brackets. It may pay to give em a call and find out what the "all in price"comes to

·
Registered
658 Posts
Can't comment on the batwing, but I bought their sissy bar for my 9 and am very happy with it.

Be the guinea pig! Let us know.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to mount an audio setup in there?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Aren't the 900's equipped with a 9" headlight? The Mutazu batwing only has a 7" cutout.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It doesn't look like there is an inner housing, you would have to fab a mount or modify an inner from a HD or similar fairing.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I know "hogtunes" fits the memphis shades batwing fairings, not sure about this one.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Aren't the 900's equipped with a 9" headlight? The Mutazu batwing only has a 7" cutout.
good point, I know the memphis shades has plent of room around the headlight bucket.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i took the plunge received my Mutazu batwing ! I will have to fab mounting brakets,I have some ideas.The fairing has a 7 inch headlight opening and i know the classic has a 9 inch,but if i bring the fairing closer to the handlebars it looks it will fit. The silver colour matches my 06 Galaxy silver colour almost perfect,the faring is more rigid than i thought it comes with a tinted windscreen,it doesnt have an inner fairing but thats ok I dont plan on installing a stereo.I think it will look ok and offer good wind protection.I will post pictures when my install is complete.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can't comment on the batwing, but I bought their sissy bar for my 9 and am very happy with it.

Be the guinea pig! Let us know.
Slight thread-jack but is the sissy bar well made? Good quality chrome and nice and solid? I need one and like the Cobra but it's a lot of cash.

Also, let us know what the quality of the fairing material is like because I'm going to be looking for either a fairing or a windshield this winter.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Whiting57

How tall is your windhshield? I am a good looking 5'8" inches tall with the stock seat (yuck). I have a MS 15" windhshiled and I find I get alot of wind ay highway speeds so I am thinking about the Batwing Fairing. From what I have read the 9" may be the right size, but I don't want it to high that I have to look thru it, nor too short that I get all the wind

Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you measure straight up from the 12 o'clock position on the speedometer bezel to the top of the windshield, a 9" shield sits at about 16".

I have a 34" sitting height and a 9" shield. I keep it at about the tip of my nose or upper lip but have adjusted it some in both directions.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hi Whiting57

How tall is your windhshield? I am a good looking 5'8" inches tall with the stock seat (yuck). I have a MS 15" windhshiled and I find I get alot of wind ay highway speeds so I am thinking about the Batwing Fairing. From what I have read the 9" may be the right size, but I don't want it to high that I have to look thru it, nor too short that I get all the wind

If you measure straight up from the 12 o'clock position on the speedometer bezel to the top of the windshield, a 9" shield sits at about 16".

I have a 34" sitting height and a 9" shield. I keep it at about the tip of my nose or upper lip but have adjusted it some in both directions.
Plus 1 as Greybush says, I'm 5' 10" and have no issues with the 9" shield, on my custom I have the 5 inch ... a lot more wind going on there. I'm sitting in Scottsdale AZ at the moment so I can't go and measure anything. I do know that the fairing lowers will help with any buffeting.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I ordered the 9" spoiler, because it was so cool lookin!! I'm 6'3" and riding a Russell day long saddle. The Russell sits higher than the stock sucker!! Wind hit me square in the face. 90.00 down the drain! Ordered the 12" and it's perfect.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, I looke at their site trying to get an idea of pricing. Looks like I'll have to take measurements and whatnot just to get a price.

How is the fairing working out?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah, I looke at their site trying to get an idea of pricing. Looks like I'll have to take measurements and whatnot just to get a price.

How is the fairing working out?
I can give you an idea on the price. If you want a Russell with all the bells and whistles you need about a grand. Love the batwing!! much better than the LT shield.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well i took the plunge received my Mutazu batwing ! I will have to fab mounting brakets,I have some ideas.The fairing has a 7 inch headlight opening and i know the classic has a 9 inch,but if i bring the fairing closer to the handlebars it looks it will fit. The silver colour matches my 06 Galaxy silver colour almost perfect,the faring is more rigid than i thought it comes with a tinted windscreen,it doesnt have an inner fairing but thats ok I dont plan on installing a stereo.I think it will look ok and offer good wind protection.I will post pictures when my install is complete.
Have you gotten the fairing mounted yet? :confused:Would like to see a pic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts