Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to buy a full SEAT studed mustang for my bike. I went to VALUE ACCESSORIES AND SAW A PICTURE OF THE SEAT.THE PICTURE SHOWES A 2 PIECE SEAT BUT IN THE LISTING SAYES IT IS A 1 PIECE SEAT.CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WICH IS RIGHT.THE PRICE WAS $405.67 INCLUDING SHIPPING. IS THIS A FAIR PRICE ? THIS WAS WITH OUT THE BACK REST. I HAVE A 2007 CLASSIC LT. THANK YOU

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just put mine on, it is a 1 pc studded seat, but looks like 2 cushions. The seat is much better that the stock seat, looks GREAT too. The ride position is different - little lower, more tilted back. The rear pillion is much different, wider and thicker. There is also no comparison in the foam used against the stock seat. I couldnt go with the backrest, at 5'6", I'd need a step to get my leg over it!!
$405 is a good price, bought mine on Amazon from GM Cycles for $399, had it in 4 days - no shipping either. All was well.

Ride long -and comfortable!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you're a tall person I recommend other brands over this one. This one will put you up and will move forward just a tad but if you're a tall rider that tad will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm long waisted and short legged. The mustang puts me too high for the windshield, and too far from the ground. Not unsafe, just not what I'm used to.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My pants are 29"/30" inseam. Seat, with back rest is awesome with me. Different from stock, yes. Slight forward and up. But, nothing huge you can't adjust to.

Added the Phat Risers, and it's like being in a lazyboy lounge chair !

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you're a tall person I recommend other brands over this one. This one will put you up and will move forward just a tad but if you're a tall rider that tad will make a huge difference.
This is great to know. I am 6'2" with a 32-33" inseam. If the Mustang is not the way to go, what would be a good recommendation for tall riders?

I have a stock seat for now but I want to start looking at some more a$$-friendly alternatives... :D

Any experience from the 6+ footers among us who have a replacement seat would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would highly recommend the mustang seat. From a dealer, that prices sounds fair, expecially if it includes shipping. I found mine, the studded wide touring seat on ebay for $360 and free shipping, so if you can wait and don't mind shopping around you will probly find a better price. The seat did raise me up and move me forward a bit, but it actually made the bike more comfortable to me. I 5'9". I also have the 07' Classic LT

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm also looking to buy a Mustang. gm-cycles.com has the studded one for $375 with free shipping.

·
Registered
73 Posts
stock seat

i have the kawasaki studded gel seat for a classic on my custom and its pretty comfy. my wife likes it alot. im 6'2" and im comfortable. it was $230 on ebay

·
Registered
711 Posts
This is great to know. I am 6'2" with a 32-33" inseam. If the Mustang is not the way to go, what would be a good recommendation for tall riders?

I have a stock seat for now but I want to start looking at some more a$$-friendly alternatives... :D

Any experience from the 6+ footers among us who have a replacement seat would be much appreciated.
One of the very few I've seen and I own one is the Corbin. I actually have it for sale on the for sale forum because I don't use it much lately. The Corbin Young Guns puts you back and lowers a bit so you'll have a tad more room to extend your legs a bit more. The Mustang, Kawasaki Gel among others move you up and closer to the front. Some say a inch makes no difference but on long trips one inch is all it takes. I've sat on many saddles and so far the one that's on the top of my list is the Corbin for top quality. They are made of real leather vs vinil on the competition. The only reason why I'm selling mine is because mine is the Young Gun and even though is great for me and the most comfortable it does not provide enough comfort for the passanger on very long trips. The passanger side is much more comfortable than the stocker for the passanger but no really built for the very long trips. They have another one that's like a touring seat. It's a bit expensive but then again you get for what you pay at the end. If you ride solo a lot then get the young guns, its one of the best looking seats you can find for the 900 and you can ride all day long. For those long trips if taking a passanger then again the touring one would be more apropiate.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have just put over 2000 miles on mine in the last 5 days, i have a 32 inch inseam, 5'11" .... took around 500 miles on it to break it in before i left, passanger pad is huge and curved at the front to stop forward movement, 10 hrs in the seat, my butt hasnt hurt at all. I have floorboards so i can move my feet anywhere i want, best $400 bucks i have spent ..... other than my trailer of course.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just put a mustang seat on my 2009 900 classic lt and it is the best upgrade to the bike so for! first time my wife got on we went about 75 miles non stop and she had no pains what so ever, she loves it! For me..it brought me up and forwards about a inch or so and put me in alot better riding position. very nice seat, got it on ebay 362.99 free ship. part #76126 recommend this seat to anyone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have used a Mustang seat with drivers backrest for 10,000+ miles on both a Suzuki Volusia and my current 900LT. Spendy but I like 'em.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts