1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
186 Posts
As soon as it stops raining I'll be throwing it on.

I read that some of you had issues with fitment? Any advice before I start to put it on?

I got a great deal off ebay. $325 shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200445604320&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid=8767439049253596890#ht_500wt_876
Just installed one on my wife's Classic LT yesterday. I had "NO" problems at all with the installation but make sure the front tab gets under the tank. There are spacers required for a custom installation, so make sure you received them.

Skeeter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Should mount up fine. Only change I made on mine was I put two pieces of clear fuel line on each side of the tab that goes into the front piece by the gas tank. Held them in place with a nylon tie. Makes for a nice tight fit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't opened the box yet. I'm hoping I didn't have to request the spacers because the website said the seat would fit an 09 custom se.

It came in a mustang box. Do the spacers come with it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't opened the box yet. I'm hoping I didn't have to request the spacers because the website said the seat would fit an 09 custom se.

It came in a mustang box. Do the spacers come with it?
They should be included along with the longer bolts and attached to the bottom of the seat.

Skeeter

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bought a mustang seat used, and ended up using some bolts from the stock seat if I remember correctly. No issues regardless.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mustang seat for 900

Yesterday I installed a Mustang seat on my 900LT. Although Mustang advertises that the needed hardware for either the Classic or the Custom come with the seat, I found only the bolts for the Classic (installed in the seat) came with mine. I bought the studded one-piece seat (#76126) from gm-cycles in MD, on eBay for $369 including shipping.

There were no installation instructions in the box. However, the Mustang web site has illustrated installation instructions, found here:

http://www.mustangseats.com/pdfs/mounting/kawasaki/vulcan_900_06_09_1p.pdf

For me, the Mustang seat is a big improvement in comfort over the stock seat. My wife also likes the pillion pad for its larger size than stock and more comfortable feel.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a saddlemen solo before, hated it. i recently got a Mustang Day Tripper, love it, looks great on my Custom and can ride for days. Mustang makes great seats, i am sure you will love yours. i just didn't think that big fatty touring seat would look right on my custom.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a saddlemen solo before, hated it. i recently got a Mustang Day Tripper, love it, looks great on my Custom and can ride for days. Mustang makes great seats, i am sure you will love yours. i just didn't think that big fatty touring seat would look right on my custom.
Did you have tailbone issues with the stock seat? Numb ass syndrome?

Did the "Day Tripper" fix the discomfort or do you wish you had purchased the "Wide"?

Have you considered the Mustang DayTripper? Slimmer looking seat

http://www.mustangseats.com/Product.aspx?ID=676
I fear that the "Day Tripper" will not solve my tailbone/numb ass issue.

I dont want to pay the $400 to upgrade the seat and it not even fix the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put my new Mustang Vintage seat on my 900 Custom this morning. Took it out for a ride this afternoon and what a difference. It took less than 10 minutes to install. Best money spent on my bike so far.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mustang Seat

I just installed my Mustanf daytripper seat on my 900 custom, love it, best upgrade I've done to date, big improvement over stock, only had to add a few washers to the spacers to make the latch pin work right. Excellent quality.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got my new seat on. Took it out for a 2 hour ride with my GF on the back. The seat position is definitely a little higher and a little more forward but WOW what a difference in riding comfort. Not only is the drivers seat more comfortable, but my GF was raving about the passenger seat.

As for the install, the swap took about 10 minutes. To get the seat to "click" in place was a bitch but it finally gave in.

Windshield next.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think you have a classic. They were saying the custom needs spacers.
You're right that I have a classic. Not sure what all is different with the Custom, the seats on those (factory ones) appear slimmer. Not sure about the latches and stuff underneath.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're right that I have a classic. Not sure what all is different with the Custom, the seats on those (factory ones) appear slimmer. Not sure about the latches and stuff underneath.
The directions said the classic didn't need spacers (which tells me, the custom would take some elbow grease to fit; which it did)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts