Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Mustang seat came in today for my 900. I have throw over saddle bags that made the stock seat a little hard to get latched. I had to push down real hard on the back seat to get it to latch. When I switched over the hardware, I put a lock washer between the seat and the latching mechanism to give me just a touch of space. Now it goes on great.

The seat looks great and feels nice just sitting on it. Can't wait to get her on the road.

I got it from www.bikertrends.com. They had the best price that I could find. It was like $351.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guess I need to change my signature to add the seat as well. lol

btw, the pic here is with the factory seat

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you ride two up your passanger is gonna love the Mustang. For my wife she hasn't had any pain from the Mustang, For the driver it feels great form the stock seat but give it about 500 miles to break in and she'll feel a lot better.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I rode to work today. this seat is definitely different. feels like it cradles your butt.

it definately raises you up a touch. I am 5' 6" and my heels just start to come off the ground a touch.

I have a 17" Slip Streamer windshield and was on the fence about going taller. think I should now.

sitting up a little higher definately. changes the riding too. don't feel nearly as low in the saddle. maybe it will settle in a bit

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did you get the touring seat or the Daytripper? I personally love my Daytripper. I just wish they made it in a solo version.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tahk. Your bike looks like an se.? I've been looking for a 2011 se stock seat to buy, and I see your riding a daytripper. Are interested in selling it?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
702 Posts
Tahk. Your bike looks like an se.? I've been looking for a 2011 se stock seat to buy, and I see your riding a daytripper. Are interested in selling it?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
I have a 2011 900 classic SE stock seat for sale if you want it. Let me know.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Tahk,

How do you like your saddlebags? I've got the Saddleman's and they're okay, but not a homerun....

·
Registered
224 Posts
The mustang touring seat is awsome! It does sit you up and forward about and inch,but you'll get used to it in no time. I am 6'3" and liked being raised up a bit. Drove straight through from NC to NY(14 1/2 hrs) and don't think my ass got sore till after about 9 hrs,but then again,riding that long will do that with any seat!

·
Registered
399 Posts
The mustang touring seat is awsome! It does sit you up and forward about and inch,but you'll get used to it in no time. I am 6'3" and liked being raised up a bit. Drove straight through from NC to NY(14 1/2 hrs) and don't think my ass got sore till after about 9 hrs,but then again,riding that long will do that with any seat!
I'm 5'9" and the Mustang seat is fantastic. The minor positional changes weren't noticable after mile #2, but the comfort stays with you forever ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mr BZ

Sent you a PM about the seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts