Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a used Mustang touring seat for my 09 custom. Paid $250 for locally. Installed it mainly becuase of the Old Lady couldnt get comfortable on the stocker nor the Kawa Gel seat (it was a custom seat though). Installed it, fit pretty nice, a little loose though. As for apperance, I think it awful looking. As for comfort, it rocks!! Rode approx 2 1/2 hrs on it, and my rear still didnt hurt, it was getting a little numb, but nothing extreme as to where I would have to pull over and take a break. The seating position is WAY different then the stocker and even more so then the Kawa Gel Flame seat. Sits you higher and more foward. The backrest area of the seat is very good, but its so thick that it does not give you much seat area to slide back and fourth. I liked it alot better when ridding two up, it positioned me and my passanger more foward and gave me better control over the bike. I know it must sound strange, but this seat actually helped me handle the bike around turns better! It made me feel more confident, almost like I was bigger then the bike was. I think its a great seat for ridding two up, and much more comfy then the stocker or the Kawa Gel. But I still like the Kawa Gel seat for solo ridding, it sits you deeper into the bike then the stocker and makes you feel like your ridding an extreme customized bike. Just cant ride it for too long:D

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i just put 6000 miles in mine over 16 days and my butt didnt hurt once, some 12 hour days in the saddle, the other half liked the comfort but didnt like the lack of a grab strap, that is being dealt with now, the height placed her a little high and surceptable to cross winds which she didnt like to much, but it was unusuallly windy for a couple of days .... our rating A- overall, comfort A+

·
Registered
279 Posts
Put in a 1300 mile, 3 day trip recently. Yesterday, I put in 12 hours in the saddle.

Could not have done this without the Mustang saddle. Best purchase I ever made, the one accessory that lets me do what I want to do on the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Put in a 1300 mile, 3 day trip recently. Yesterday, I put in 12 hours in the saddle.

Could not have done this without the Mustang saddle. Best purchase I ever made, the one accessory that lets me do what I want to do on the bike.
sure does beat a bad case of arse-ritus

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
on the mustang seat...do u think it is better thank the saddlemen solo?
dont know, have never tried a saddleman, the mustang does have a 9" back rest (well) for the rider to sit in, much more comfortable than the stocker, passanger seat is curver at the front, helps stop the passanger from sliding forward. Its like a AMX card .... dont leave home without it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I love my mustang seat... it looks a lot bulkier than the stock seat on the Classic, but gosh it's WAY more comfortable!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
if you search here in thread titles only you will find 61 threads on this topic....
Maybe you should have replied to those instead of this one, personally i like to see other peoples reviews. Last time i checked, posting a thread was free speach for everyone.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
... actually my intent was to "reply with quote' to BRUM...who asked this question...

"....on the mustang seat...do u think it is better thank the saddlemen solo? "

in an attempt to steer him to even more information.

sorry for the misunderstanding...

Annie

Maybe you should have replied to those instead of this one, personally i like to see other peoples reviews. Last time i checked, posting a thread was free speach for everyone.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hands down on the Mustang... The only factory seat i have every been able to sit on for any length of time is on my Voyager.. Had another custom seat on my Big Dog and it was great for 30 minutes but then the pain set in.... dont wana dis any seat companies so i wont mention the name. Been ridin my V2K with a Mustang and back rest for almost 2 years and it is great..... Only seat i would ever have...

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
i just put 6000 miles in mine over 16 days and my butt didnt hurt once, some 12 hour days in the saddle, the other half liked the comfort but didnt like the lack of a grab strap, that is being dealt with now, the height placed her a little high and surceptable to cross winds which she didnt like to much, but it was unusuallly windy for a couple of days .... our rating A- overall, comfort A+
Nice ride. If you don't mind could you start another thread with a little detail about your ride and where you went. In my minds eye you are what it is about.

·
Registered
487 Posts
... actually my intent was to "reply with quote' to BRUM...who asked this question...

Annie
Excellent reply Annie. You are a class act.:)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

Annie
it was i that had the misunderstanding, my apologies ... Maurice

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts