Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock seat seems to push me forward. Not comfortable at all. I'm thinking of getting this:

Mustang Vintage Style One-Piece Touring Seat for Kawasaki 2006-2011 Vulcan 900 Classic and 2007-2011 Custom Models - Indy superbikes through Amazon has them for $449 with free shipping.

I'm 6'3 and 220 pounds. Does anyone else run one of these who is about my size and likes it? Thanks!

·
Registered
507 Posts
So my stock seat seems to push me forward. Not comfortable at all. I'm thinking of getting this:

Mustang Vintage Style One-Piece Touring Seat for Kawasaki 2006-2011 Vulcan 900 Classic and 2007-2011 Custom Models - Indy superbikes through Amazon has them for $449 with free shipping.

I'm 6'3 and 220 pounds. Does anyone else run one of these who is about my size and likes it? Thanks!
I think any seat other than the stock seat will make your ride much more comfortable!!

I looked at this seat too, but I opted for the much cheaper saddlemen renegade solo. I really like it, but some days I wonder if another seat would improve my ride that much more.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check ebay, I bought a new mustang seat way cheaper with free shipping from a ebay store.
Yea, worth shopping around. I see the same thing at Powersports Superstore on Amazon for $394.00 I'll check ebay. Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
from what i read mustangs are great seats, but all of them with the exception of the daytripper change your riding position, moving it forward a little and up a little. something to think about being 6'3". Personally i sat on one that the dealership had on a used bike, my bottom was comfortable but the passenger portion of the seat poked me in the back. I don't know how that bike would have fit me without the seat (it was a yamaha 1100 i believe) but the seating position was forward more than i would have liked. it could have been the bike though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My mustang Vintage seat moved me up about an inch. I'm 6' 1" and the position on the bike feels perfect.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stock seat really is pretty bad. After about 20 minutes, it's making me numb. Even if the position changes, it would be worth not having a dead butt. I'll give it a try...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
im about the same size as you in both weight and height. i have the mustang seat with the riders backrest. the seat is an improvement but i dont think it pushes you back all that much compared to stock. i went on a little 250 trip the other day. and the seat was super comfortable. didnt feel stress unlike the stock which i felt after 40-50 miles. the backrest helps a lot too

·
Registered
95 Posts
@customrider
Ii was thinking about purchasing the saddlemen solo also. How comfy is it? 1-10 scale.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I recently got the mustang seat with backrest, and I am 5'11" and 200 lbs, and the position is fine for me. I also just did a 400 mile one day trip and oh my, no comparison to the stock seat! Had no issues at all with the seat. If anything, it was my shoulders and upper back that started feeling a bit tired, and I have some phatrisers that I need to put on which hopefully will make things even more comfortable for longer rides.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In my OP I said "pushes me forward." WHat I meant is that it feels like I'm sitting on a forward slope, and I keep sliding forward, with all the pressure on my tailbone, and I have to constantly push back to keep from sliding.

So if the Mustang moves the position forward, that's not a problem, but getting rid of the sitting on slope problem would solve my major complaint!

Thanks for all the input, sorry I wasn't clear.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I fully understand that slope. The seat feels like there isn't enough fabric to cover the padding.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the Mustang has you sitting a bit more forward and bit higher. But it is comfortable... The factory seat is just garbage compared to the Mustang.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Quantum - I have the Mustang Wide Touring and I love it, but I don't think I am the same size as you, so my opinion may be worth zero. I have heard of riders taking seats to upholsterers to have some of the foam removed ... maybe an option if the new seat is really bad for you. I also have the Saddlemen Solo Seat. It is a little firmer and it sits me just a little closer to the tank. There are photos on that web page I linked you to for the screen. I like the bike best when the solo seat is on. The bike looks great and the riding position is just a little more aggressive, if you know what I mean. You will not regret buying both.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I'm your size and I love it! Took me a couple days to get used to it because it changed the position but after that, I was in love! Just recently returned from a business trip and rode about 400 miles home, stopping once for gas, and even when I stopped for gas felt like I could've gone on!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't get me wrong, the position is just different, not bad any way...

As far as being comfortable, there's just no comparison in any way. The stock seat sucks after 20 minutes and the Mustang is an all day no problem ride. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts