Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after looking at Corbin and Mustang, I ordered a 'Mustang wide touring two piece' today from J&P. I guess it was stocked close by, because it shipped today (Wed) and is supposed to be here tomorrow. Holy crap that's fast.

I've read it takes some time to break in, but it has to be better than stock, which felt like a post was strapped to my tailbone and I was riding on that. :frown2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
You are going to love it! I'm using one and it is more like sitting in the bike and not just on it. Very comfortable and I weigh 240 lbs.
I also made a backrest for mine and it is just right with that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are going to love it! I'm using one and it is more like sitting in the bike and not just on it. Very comfortable and I weigh 240 lbs.
I also made a backrest for mine and it is just right with that.
Dude, that is no joke. I put it on last night, and rode with it for the first time today. Holy crap.

If anyone is doubting that the Mustang is an improvement over the stock seat, please don't. I was on the bike for about 2 hrs today, and at the end of the ride, my bottom/tailbone area felt just like it did when I hopped on, which is great.

Normally, I'm squirming in the stock seat at about the 1 hr mark, and when I try to dismount, I have to stand there for a few secs, waiting for everything to adjust, if you know what I mean.

It did move me up and forward on the bike though, which is not necessarily a bad thing. My feet were more flat/rested on the boards, and my hands were more like just "on" the handlebars, rather than pulling a little bit, if that makes sense. I am 5' 11" fwiw.

I'm very happy with the Mustang purchase, and I wish I had done it sooner.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good for you Eagle! I ordered one too: Wide Touring 2-piece w/backrest--should be here next week! Hope it's as good at what everyone $ay$! Been putting if off because of the all the hundos; but after my last ride I was dying after an hour! I also had to stand up for a minute before I could move--LOL Will report back when I put a few miles on it--crossing fingers

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good for you Eagle! I ordered one too: Wide Touring 2-piece w/backrest--should be here next week! Hope it's as good at what everyone $ay$! Been putting if off because of the all the hundos; but after my last ride I was dying after an hour! I also had to stand up for a minute before I could move--LOL Will report back when I put a few miles on it--crossing fingers
Are you currently on the stock seat? If so, well, I can't guarantee, but...I guarantee it will feel better than stock. Like I said, you sit up and forward a bit more, but the comfort upgrade is way worth it, and the cost, IMO.

I went on another 2.5 hr ride today (Sat). No stops. I could've got back on for more, and been fine. Loving the Mustang so far.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I wasn't tough enough to even keep the stock seat one day lol. I test rode the bike for 5 miles and ordered the Mustang road sofa..... Still on the same seat after 14 years... still magnificent!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Ditto to all the above. I changed from a Corbin the the Mustang w/ backrest, and it is the comfiest thing I own to sit in. (Even beats out the man-cave recliner).
I've put in 12 Hr days on trips and have no numb-bum when I hit the rack. Before w/ the Corbin, anything more than an hour I fel like my tailbone was bruised.
You will enjoy it.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts