Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just purchased a used Mustang seat, one-piece vintage touring for my 08 Vulcan Classic LT. I received no instructions and no parts. It's clear to me that I must remove the bracket from my stock seat and move to the Mustang, but the stock seat has bolts that appear cannot be removed (I think), while the Mustang seat has threaded holes that clearly receive some sort of bolt.

Is there something special about the bolt that I need, do the ones in the stock seat move to the Mustang, or will a couple of bolts from Home Depot do the trick? Stupid question, I know, but I'm thinking Mustang probably provides a higher quality bolt than what I'm going to pick up at Home Depot.

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
170 Posts
BigAl,

if you go to (http://www.mustangseats.com/cart/pdfs/mounting/kawasaki/vulcan_900_06_09_1p.pdf) it has the instructions on what to do. If you purchased the seat new it should have come with the bolts for both the Classic and Custom fit ups, mine did. The bolts you require are described in the upper right hand corner of the instruction page.

The bolts you are going to get at home depot are not any worse or better than the mustang ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
mustang seat

When I installed the mustang seat on my 2009 900lt I used the bolts from the original seat latch just remove the latch from your seat and install it on the new seat. If you have a custom they need loner bolts and a small spacer tp make the latch work. My mustang sezat gets better feeling the more I ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seat installed - my butt thanks you

:D Many thanks for the help, especially the link to the page on Mustangseats.com. I went to Lowe's and picked up the bolts, and there are indeed different grades. I'm not sure what the grades mean, but there was a grade 5 and a grade 8. While either would do the trick, the grade 8 were more expensive (but still dirt cheap), and I assume either stronger or more resilient to rust.

Installed the seat, and OMG, what a difference from the stock seat. Hope to get some hours in the saddle over the weekend to see how much better my butt and back will feel.

Regards,
Al

·
Registered
263 Posts
:D Many thanks for the help, especially the link to the page on Mustangseats.com. I went to Lowe's and picked up the bolts, and there are indeed different grades. I'm not sure what the grades mean, but there was a grade 5 and a grade 8. While either would do the trick, the grade 8 were more expensive (but still dirt cheap), and I assume either stronger or more resilient to rust.

Installed the seat, and OMG, what a difference from the stock seat. Hope to get some hours in the saddle over the weekend to see how much better my butt and back will feel.

Regards,
Al
Grade 5 and 8 are for the strength of the bolt. 8 being the strongest. If you break grade 8 on a seat bracket, you have really accomplished something. The grade 5 would have been fine.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah if you take out some grade 8 bolts, we can really call you BigAl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts