Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I see you got the tunnel. Great bag. How's that working for ya?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I didn't like the look of the Wide Touring seat when I first put it on my Custom, but the bag you've got makes all the difference. Mine didn't look right until I put a back rest and saddle bags on. You're looks good as it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you got the tunnel. Great bag. How's that working for ya?
I love the way it looks on yours! My personal opinion is that saddle bags look weird on the 9. Regarding my situation, I'm just worried that other bikers will say, "Dude, your bag is on backwards." I think it does look "normal" on this Mustang seat. In the end, it's all about how you ride. I chose comfort over looks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I own the V and H pipes etc. They are just chilling in the corner of my garage until spring:D I'm in IOWA waiting for 8 to 12 inches of snow this Thursday!! I WANT TO RIDE SO BAD!!! Jealous of you peeps that can!

·
Registered
169 Posts
This seat pushes you backward? Higher or lower?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to mount the bag in the opposite direction it's supposed to be. The straps on the bag wouldn't fit around the rear of the Mustang seat. The seat fits perfect to me! No complaints at all! Should have gotten rid of that stock seat sooner.

My buddy wants to buy my stock seat. Anyone know how much one is worth?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got the Mustang seat but with driver's backrest -- the "pocket" of the seat is 1" deeper (measured from the center of the handlebars), but 1" higher than stock (measured directly from the ground up). My arms were stretched out with the stock seat, so the Mustang was just a little too far away. I got bar risers and now it's perfect.

·
Megatron
181 Posts
Steve, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of your bike with seat and backrest that you could post? My girlfriend bought a 2012 900 SE last fall and she wants to put a new seat on it. She's having a hard time finding something she likes. She'd prefer a solo seat and luggage rack but with the mounting system on the 9, I guess that is not possible. She's got mile long legs so a seat that sits her further back on the bike would be good. Any pics you could post of seat and backrest would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
My buddy wants to buy my stock seat. Anyone know how much one is worth?
If he's really a buddy, maybe you won't lose his friendship if you just give him your seat.
After about twenty miles, he'll think it's worth what he "paid" for it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Steve, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of your bike with seat and backrest that you could post? My girlfriend bought a 2012 900 SE last fall and she wants to put a new seat on it. She's having a hard time finding something she likes. She'd prefer a solo seat and luggage rack but with the mounting system on the 9, I guess that is not possible. She's got mile long legs so a seat that sits her further back on the bike would be good. Any pics you could post of seat and backrest would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi Brian, Here's a couple of photos -- FWIW, I've added Mutazu cases since they were taken, which makes the seat look less "large" in the passenger area (the saddlebags shown were fairly small)...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts