Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check out Ebay...that's where I got mine. $351.00 shipped for the seat without the backrest, but has the studs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok Vulcan people, where am I going to get the best all around deal on a Mustang seat for my 900LT Classic.
OK My friend,,,,,,the best and cheapest place anywhere online is Dennis Kirk. For the LT it is stock number 79416, thats with the backrest and studded.....$516. I will be buying mine there VERY soon. Any other help,,,,just yell

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ditto that, pasnbyu. I got the same one here from Kirk, $516 and have not regretted it. Unless you can find a used one, or get lucky on eBay, I don't think there's many better deals out there (at least not that I could find anyway). If you can get by without the removable driver's backrest that would save you some money there richierrich, if that's your preference. I kinda like the backrest and wouldn't be without it myself.

My only problem with the backrest is the thumb screw that sets the angle won't seem to stay in position for me. It keeps vibrating back and I have to keep setting it forward again. Probably a couple drops of Lock-Tite would take care of that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got mine without the backrest from DK and it was the best going price I could find. That was only 3-4 months ago. If DK has something, they're probably the lowest price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
look

cHECK MY NEW POST ON MY SEAT PURCHACE.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
cheap cycle parts .com .... see below
$411.00 search under mustang seats, i have used these a lot .... theire prices . cheers Maurice

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a mustang seat for my 900 in October from Cruisercustomizing.com for 380.00. It is a plain without studs. I love the seat and the shipping time was great.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Seat

Well my friends,,,,,,,,,,Santa arrived in the big brown truck yesterday and delivered my NEW Mustang seat from Dennis Kirk. It is for an 08 "LT" and is studded WITH a backrest. $516+$10 for shipping for a total out the door of $526. I ordered it Monday night and it was here on Wed the 23rd. I can't wait to get out on it this next season and cruise all damm day. I am so excited I may pee my pants.........lololol:)

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
make sure you use a water proofing treatment on it , (maybe scotchguard) before you install it... should make it pee resistant ... lol

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Today i ordered the following items from westendmotorsports.com
mustang seat studded $408.92
Studded Backrest for stock bar $97.94
Batwing fairing $197.95
7" shield $79.00
Quick detach brackets for $118
Freight is free

Plain seat is avail for $382.94
Plain Backrest pad $89.12

I have used these people before and rate them as A+
Cant wait to get the goodies .....
Maurice

·
Registered
60 Posts
hm you all seem to have gotten some great deal...I bought my husbands a mustang seat with back rest for 606.00 delivered back in October. Not the best deal out there but they were super fast in shipping it to an APO and he loves it so money well spent :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
My only problem with the backrest is the thumb screw that sets the angle won't seem to stay in position for me. It keeps vibrating back and I have to keep setting it forward again. Probably a couple drops of Lock-Tite would take care of that.
Take a cable tie, and pull it real tight on the screw.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hm you all seem to have gotten some great deal...I bought my husbands a mustang seat with back rest for 606.00 delivered back in October. Not the best deal out there but they were super fast in shipping it to an APO and he loves it so money well spent :)
+1. I spent over $600 for mine a little over a year ago. :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts