Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a used Mustang Seat on Facebook over the weekend and it got here today. To bad I will have to wait till tomorrow to be able to ride it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
They are damn fine seats.Takes a bit to get used to the difference in seat height though.The one with the backrest like you have purchased is the way to go!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
You will not be sorry you made that purchase. Your butt will thank you every time you ride, especially the long rides. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
702 Posts
Night and day difference from that torture device also known as the stock seat....enjoy!

·
Registered
372 Posts
You will love it. Made a huge difference in riding comfort for me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Got the exact same seat. World of difference. You'll enjoy the ride. I like the little extra height that it gives. Looks great on the bike. Congrats.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the seat on a 15 mile ride today and noticed two things. I love the extra support the back rest gives and now I feel like I am sitting on the tank. It seems like the seat bottom is pushing me forward even without the backrest. Is that normal?

Also will need to figure out what position to put the back rest in.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I got the seat a couple years ago about month after getting my 900 classic. The bike was new so had the Dunlop stock tires. I noticed it sat a bit higher and in my case I sat back further as well, maybe an inch or two. I found needed risers to bring the bars back to where they would be comfortable again. But, I did not feel like the seat was pushing me forward as you described. Then last summer I put on a taller rear tire, the Michelin Commander II, 170/?? This raised the bike up a bit and then I felt like the seat was pushing me forward. I supposed it changed the angle of the seat a bit but I don't know if that was it or not. I really couldn't figure it out. For me (and I say this because the general consensus here is folks like that tire) I didn't like the way the bike "felt" so installed the stock size rear, 180/??. Even that tire is a bit taller than the stock dunlop but just slightly. Seat feels right to me now again, and the bike handles great with the Michelins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts