Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not many choices out there for a vn800a seat with a driver's back rest. Looks like either the Corbin gunfighter and lady, or the mustang wide touring 2 piece are the two finalists. Anyone have any insight into which is more comfortable? I'm leaning toward the mustang just because it looks good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'ved just bought mustang wide touring solo and I have to say money very very well spent. It just has really good lateral support and very confortable foam. I don't know anything about corbin, but from my point of view mustang it's a very good seat.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I own both the Mustang and the Corbin seats with back rests. For my frame the Corbin seat is the one with no comparison. The Mustang seat raises me up on the seat and moves me forward 2 inches. The backrest catches in the shoulder blade area and not the lumbar. I can ride about 30 minutes longer before it starts feeling just as uncomfortable as the OEM seat. The Corbin is the opposite. It lowers me in the seat and slides me back a couple of inches. Changes my riding position completely. I feel like I am " IN " the bike while riding instead of " ON " the bike riding. The Corbin feels like it has less padding, bit stiffer, but no issues with butt pain at all. I can ride between fuel stops get off and get back on and not even think about that area. Also the Corbin makes you feel like your sitting in a bucket seat. The backrest aligns perfectly with my spine so the seat feels like one piece. Its make you feel like you are leaning back a bit.
You do have a third choice out there and it needs to be mentioned. I have been on many a forums reading different owners posts about varied things. There is one seat that stands out above all the rest. In many cases the cost is lower than some of the other choices and the seat comes with an absolute guarantee that if you really don't like it , you will get your money back. The " Only " complaint I have heard of this seat, is that some people don't like the looks of it. It reminds them of a tractor seat or older Goldwing seat. With this seat costing about the same as the Corbin, this one will definitely be my next seat I would purchase

https://day-long.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am happy with the fact that the Mustang raises me a little bit. In my situation acctually improved the acces to the foot commands a I do not need anymore forward commands (I was thinking about that).

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Love my Mustang.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You do have a third choice out there and it needs to be mentioned. I have been on many a forums reading different owners posts about varied things. There is one seat that stands out above all the rest. In many cases the cost is lower than some of the other choices and the seat comes with an absolute guarantee that if you really don't like it , you will get your money back. The " Only " complaint I have heard of this seat, is that some people don't like the looks of it. It reminds them of a tractor seat or older Goldwing seat. With this seat costing about the same as the Corbin, this one will definitely be my next seat I would purchase

https://day-long.com
Corbin and Mustang are the only seat makers I know of who make their own basepans, which they say allow for the long-lasting comfort of their seats. That would be my only reservation with Russell. Any thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts