Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Daytripper from J&P today. I must say it is a very nice seat. When installing it I latched the seat, and I could not unlatch it. I could hear the latch releasing all the way but could not lift the seat. After taking the 4 bolts out of the rear fender to drop it down so I could get the seat off, I realized that the angle of engagement of the pins on the seat is not quite dead on with the fender latch. I loosened up the bolts on the seat bracket so it can pivot a bit. This fixed the issue but is not permanent. I am wondering if this is a known issue on the 900 Custom. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I just received my Daytripper from J&P today. I must say it is a very nice seat. When installing it I latched the seat, and I could not unlatch it. I could hear the latch releasing all the way but could not lift the seat. After taking the 4 bolts out of the rear fender to drop it down so I could get the seat off, I realized that the angle of engagement of the pins on the seat is not quite dead on with the fender latch. I loosened up the bolts on the seat bracket so it can pivot a bit. This fixed the issue but is not permanent. I am wondering if this is a known issue on the 900 Custom. Any advice?
It happened to me too and I really didn't know if I would every get the seat off again LOL. I fixed the alignment problem by installing shims between the seat bracket and seat pan to align the stems with the locking bracket on the fender. I just cut a couple of washers in half. Put a light coat of grease on the stems as well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I agree with sojourner, My daytripper was difficult to remove when i first tried it on, I ended up adding some washers in addition to the spacer that is required when installing the seat on a custom. No problems releasing the seat now

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mine gets stuck. Even when I was yank on it, it stays down. I have to remove the fender to get it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts