Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Matt,,,,
I just bought a Mustang seat for my 08 LT right before Christmas, but with 15" of snow on the ground and 5' drifts and temps not above 0f, it'll be quite a while before I will get a chance to enjoy my new seat. I can say that a 2x4 would be an improvement over that hard as a rock OEM seat. Pics will come as the weather warms up. I also got the one with the drivers backreat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Mustang Touring seat with driver backrest. The backrest is the critical thing for me. My butt still gets sore after a couple hours, thinking about getting an airhawk to add to it. But the Mustangs are about $100 cheaper right now than when I bought mine last year.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Big G

Hey Mat. I have one on my vtx 1300c . I also have the mustang sport tour 2 piece. Both are 2 different kinds of comfortable but I like the looks of the Day tripper so it has stayed on the bike. I thought about a new seat for my Voyager but I think kawasaki did a good job on the stock one. If iever change it I will buy a Mustang

·
Registered
7 Posts
mustang daytripper

Well I ordered a Deluxe DayTripper today, so I guess we will see. $308 from GM Cycles.
I have been looking at the daytripper seat for quite awhile now I really like the looks and am sure the front section of the seat is comfortable being it is a mustang, but I would really like some input on the passenger comfort. My wife likes to ride with me but stock seat sucks and she and I really don't care for the looks of other seats with the wide rear section. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
507 Posts
reviving an old thread... any news on the day tripper?
I am interested in this as well. The stock seat is horrible, and although I have an airhawk (which helps tremendously), I will probably buy a new seat at some point. Otherwise, if I decide to keep the stock seat w/ airhawk, I will probably end up adding a Utopia back rest. I think that will be a huge improvement.

I don;t mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone else have a Utopia backrest on a stock seat? If so, was it a huge improvement?

Even with the airhawk, it is mostly my tail bone that gets sore.

Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I have a Mustang Day Tripper and I like it. I don't think it changes my seating position like the larger touring seats do however, it is much more comfortable than the stock seat.

I would suggest you cruise Ebay for a while to see if your can find a good deal. If you can wait for it you can find some excellent deals from time to time. I picked mine up brand new for $99.00 + free shipping, hope this helps and good luck.

Best
Sam

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I've got a Mustang, and I love it! Good seat. It is a 'one size fits all' seat though, so your mileage may vary. The only seat that has universally appreciated comfort that I've seen (as in I've never seen anyone not like it), is the Russel Day-Long, which is custom made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cheapest ive seen was 229 with free shipping... inflation is a biotch lol
I got the seat this winter from someone who bought it an then changed their mind. I will admit I was exceptionally lucky on the seat. But it proves that exceptional deals can be found if your diligent in your search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts