Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, the stock seat on the 900 Classic is HELL after about three hours... I went on a 5 hour ride yesterday and could barely stand the tailbone pain by the end of it. I know a lot of you guys got the Mustang Daytripper and I'm interested in getting one. My only question is, is it a good long distance seat? Say, 8 hours in a day? The next step up is over $400 and I just can't afford that...

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's not the Day Tripper, but I have the Mustang One-Piece Studded Seat with Driver Backrest, which is ~2" taller than the OEM. I'm 6'-0" & 178 lbs and it's much better than the original, although I think it should be more comfortable for the money. And I had to add a small lumbar support from an office chair to the backrest because, even at maximum adjustment, it wasn't anywhere near my back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been looking into the Saddlemen Explorer. Only kicker is the closest showroom is over 3 hrs away from metro Detroit and their website basically says if you mount it on the bike , you bought it ! I'm not dropping 427 bucks on a seat that I can't even test !

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
As most of you know, the stock seat on the 900 Classic is HELL after about three hours... I went on a 5 hour ride yesterday and could barely stand the tailbone pain by the end of it. I know a lot of you guys got the Mustang Daytripper and I'm interested in getting one. My only question is, is it a good long distance seat? Say, 8 hours in a day? The next step up is over $400 and I just can't afford that...
Fitnessfreak just posted a Corbin seat for sale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the seat just came in. It looks super nice, but it's a bit off center. The far right side has a gap between it and the bike and the left if too tight... Is it supposed to be adjusted somewhere or something?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have the daytripper. I've done 4 hr days no problem. No soreness at all. Another bonus is it adds about 3 inches of legroom and seems to be more comfortable for the passenger.

I have an air hawk I throw in my bags just in case I need a dif feel. I'm a big fan of the daytripper. It's not a touring seat but miles ahead of the stock seat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the daytripper. I've done 4 hr days no problem. No soreness at all. Another bonus is it adds about 3 inches of legroom and seems to be more comfortable for the passenger.

I have an air hawk I throw in my bags just in case I need a dif feel. I'm a big fan of the daytripper. It's not a touring seat but miles ahead of the stock seat.
Please take a look at the pictures I've attached and let me know if yours was offset with a gap like mine...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, unfortunately it is installed correctly... I've even tried adjusting everything possible and it doesn't help at all. I'll have to send it back.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately it is installed correctly... I've even tried adjusting everything possible and it doesn't help at all. I'll have to send it back.
If you have a dealer close by ask them if you can try the seat on one of their bikes. Maybe something is off with your frame or fender.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought that too at first, since it is third hand... But the stock seat fits absolutely flush, so I don't think that's the case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts