Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying this seat as I want to sit further away from the bars than the stock seat. The stock seat has the large rising pad at the rear which pushes me forward and I find that uncomfortable.

Does anyone have one and what do you think ?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Seat

I have a corbin seat and they sit you back atleast 2 inches. Its for sale but shipping to australia would be crazy I am sure.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The Corbin does sit you back and down about 3/4 inch. I love mine afte is got broken in (600 miles) some people dont like them. Factory seat hurts after 90 minute ride.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The Corbin does sit you back and down about 3/4 inch. I love mine afte is got broken in (600 miles) some people dont like them. Factory seat hurts after 90 minute ride.
I'd say the lowering of 3/4" is debatable - I didn't notice any difference on my VV. If I was generous, I'd say maybe a 1/4". But that's just my experience. :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
risers

Agreed - the Corbin will push you back a full 2 inches - so much that I had to install Risers!
I had to install risers also!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did not need the risers with my Corbin and now I cna flat foot with my 29 inch inseam. Use to have to tip toe with factory seat.

·
Registered
636 Posts
how tall are you?
I am 5-11 and where 32 inch pants. I had to reach for the bars after corbin install so I put risers on it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am 5'10" 29 inch inseam and did not need risers. Guess my arms are longer. The Corbin set me back and down 3/4 inch now I can flat foot one side and just a little up on heal on other when stopped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts