Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce everyone to Ms. Jade. When I found MJ, she was lonely. This was understandable, seeing as how there were only four like her in all of Michigan. But uniqueness is not always a trait that attracts at first, especially in this land of lemmings constantly pining for ladies with the initials "H" and "D" (ladies with more of an ill repute, I might add).

Being the soft-hearted individual that I am, asked my wonderful wife if there was room in our life for a young lady who needed a home. I was not sure what the response would be; my earlier requests to reach out to Sandra Bullock after her divorce were soundly rebuffed. :D

But, a picture's worth a thousand words, and once she saw Ms. Jade looking all forlorn on the dealership floor, she relented, and last week I brought MJ to her new home.

Ah, but I have found, as is often the case with fascinating women, that underneath the beauty lurks a feisty, and sometimes infuriating, temperament. She is strong in the curves department, and comes into her own when she lets her guard down and goes all out. Yet she can also be hot-tempered, something most of her siblings struggle with as well. And occasionally she's not as smooth as you might expect someone of her lineage to be, lurching to and fro. Not much, mind you, but just enough to make you think she's trying to be funny, when the situation calls for grace and refinement.

But, I'm not worried. I've already seen what kind of woman she really is, deep down inside. She lets it out when no one is looking, usually on a country road S-curve, or accelerating on the entrance ramp. And I'm convinced that with enough money, and the right connections, we will be able to smooth out Ms. Jade's rough spots, and allow her to grow into the mature, powerful, yet gorgeous young lady I know she can be.

3P

·
Registered
643 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice looking ride, I have the red one but I like the green more every time I see it. Enjoy her!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Clicker.

That is stock, right off the showroom floor. I have ordered a number of add-ons and accessories, but they have not arrived yet.

I will tell you two things:

1. As pretty as it looks in the picture, it simply does not do it justice compared to seeing it in person. Kawasaki used a beautiful metallic paint that just glistens in the sunlight. I hesitated even posting the pic because you really need to see one in person.

2. People either love it or hate it. Either way, it always attracts attention. My Harley friends call it an alien spaceship. I take that as a compliment. :)

3P

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Clicker.

That is stock, right off the showroom floor. I have ordered a number of add-ons and accessories, but they have not arrived yet.

I will tell you two things:

1. As pretty as it looks in the picture, it simply does not do it justice compared to seeing it in person. Kawasaki used a beautiful metallic paint that just glistens in the sunlight. I hesitated even posting the pic because you really need to see one in person.

2. People either love it or hate it. Either way, it always attracts attention. My Harley friends call it an alien spaceship. I take that as a compliment. :)

3P
I hear you on the photo vs real life. I have a black cherry 1500 Classic, and you don't see the depth of the paint in a photo unless it's REALLY close up in bright light.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Looks great 3P; my local Kawi dealer has one sitting on the floor...it's quite the head turner.

Welcome!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, everyone.

Cstmcycle, how does your ride? Too me, it feels like there is a small vibration in the bike when accelerating, even a little. Almost like it's not getting enough gas, or air. But I'm not sure, I'm definitely no mechanic. Part of me wonders if its normal and I'm just feeling the difference between it and my Vulcan 900 Classic that I've been riding for the last six years.

I have 200 miles on the bike (it's been raining most of the week!), so I think I'll mention it to the dealer at the 600-mile checkup and see what they say.

3P

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
3P, mine only has 300 miles on it. The ride is not as smooth as I thought it would be. Yes my engine vib's are different from what I am use too. I had a 2006 Yamaha FJR1300A. It was as smooth as a car. I loved the Dragon when I had it. Finally realized I need to slow down and get a more layed back style so I purchased the Vaquero in the brite green color. Don't want to slow down to much. I have the PCV with the autotune, Cobra slash cut slip-on's and will soon have a Thunder air kit. My wife likes to ride some with me so I bought the one piece Mustang seat with the back rest. It made a world of difference in the comfort and ride quaility. Now one of my Harley bud's has challenged me so this winter I will be pulling out all the stop's on the 1700 engine. I think I can get in the 110 to 125 HP range and still have a very streetable bike with cruise. The Harley group would never challenge the FJR. It would run as fast in 3rd as most of them could wide open. Any way back to the engine vib's. Mine is fairly smooth until you give it the gas at low rpm's, that when you feel the thump of each cylinder until the rpm's get's up to about 3000 or so. I think as the engine breaks in things will smooth out some. I will keep you posted on what improvements the addition of the PCV with iginition control has.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing - vibration at low rpms. Mine only has 220 miles on it, so we're in the same boat. Keep me posted.

I purchased a Mustang seat, and the Mustang pad that I'm putting on the Kawasaki sissy bar; it looks and works great.

Talk to you soon.

3P

1 - 13 of 13 Posts