Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just 1 Dumb question you guy(&Gals,@least for now) -Whats the Best,or Worst, gas mileage any1 is gettin from ther Vulcan s (650 of course)? Thanx:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just 1 Dumb question you guy(&Gals,@least for now) -Whats the Best,or Worst, gas mileage any1 is gettin from ther Vulcan s (650 of course)? Thanx:)
I hope I Did'nt phrase that Question INCORRECTLY,FAMILY.....

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Between 45 & 54 depending on how frisky I feel that day. Shell 89 non- ethanol. Booster plug ( makes her run a bit rich)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Haven’t ridden it in a while as I gave it to my daughter, but when I was, I think it was low to mid 40s.

·
Registered
185 Posts
About the same as Bearslayer. There are a couple of other threads on mileage if you search.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the same as Bearslayer. There are a couple of other threads on mileage if you search.
Thanks Every1 for your input/feedback-&since its been so recent that I've changed my oil+filter,spark plugs,coolant&air filter cleaning,I'm just going to run my ol dog for another 1500 miles or so,then I'm going to a Full synthetic 10w40(since thats what all the Experienced motorcycle mechanics/riders are All recomending)......We'll see what happens from there....Be Well&Ride Safe All:)

·
Registered
2015 - Kawasaki Vulcan 650s
54 Posts
I get normally get like 42mpg if im ripping it and about 45mpg if im just relaxed in the throttle. I do have two brothers full exhaust system, DNA air filter & PCV installed also on my bike

·
Registered
129 Posts
I get between 55 and 62 miles per gallon on regular pump gas. I don't ride hard and try to avoid jack rabbit take off's and high speed racing. Normally ride just over the speed limit. Stock bike with windshield and Viking hard bags.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All I can say is,I do try to keep my ride tuned/Clean air filter,Clean plugs,Clean oil,Clean coolant\&after having the shifter relay switch replaced-'ol Dog is gettin 60-63 mpg's now;from 43-63,I have No idea Why the Improved gas mileage-But I'll take whatever(&Whenever) I can:) All ride well+B Safe-KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
When new it was reading bad... around 28 mpg. As a new rider I didn't know what was going on. Someone told me once its broken in it will improve. Now I get a average reading of 53 mpg.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When new it was reading bad... around 28 mpg. As a new rider I didn't know what was going on. Someone told me once its broken in it will improve. Now I get a average reading of 53 mpg.
Well over 31000 miles now-Finally got past this wet weather we had here in S.Fla last week/All I can say is,been hotter than hell this week,Upper90's! &still gettin 64+ MPG's/These 650 Kaw twins sure Love Hot weather!?!\RUBBER TO THE ROAD,OL DOG-RIDE SAFE YA ALL:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 740 Miles on mine and just did the first oil change two days ago. I do hope the mileage improves. When I was riding across Alligator Alley two weeks ago, I almost ran out of gas. That had to be just barely over 36 MPG. At the time, I was far more concerned about quantity of gas than MPG. I wouldn't really want to run out of gas on Alligator Alley at night without my concealed carry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have 740 Miles on mine and just did the first oil change two days ago. I do hope the mileage improves. When I was riding across Alligator Alley two weeks ago, I almost ran out of gas. That had to be just barely over 36 MPG. At the time, I was far more concerned about quantity of gas than MPG. I wouldn't really want to run out of gas on Alligator Alley at night without my concealed carry.
The more mileage you get on your bike,The Better the mpg's will get-Gettin 65.5 on my '17 now w/over 31,600 miles on the odometer!/WHEN YOU SEE A BLACK1 W/A WINDSHEILD,ENGINE GUARD&SADDLEBAGS(COVERED W/ALOT OF SILLY REFECTIVE STICKERS!?!-LOL) THATS MY 'OL DOG......Hope you get Alot of Fun outta ur VS-If you Ever need Any work done to it here in Florida-see RACNRAY!-He's That Good(Actually a Great Motorcycle Mechanic-Tech) -Ride Safe&Keep the rubber on the road:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! I am looking forward to mileage like that. Thanks for the mechanic's name. I installed a DC power plug today and a LED headlight bulb a few weeks back. Its a small world, perhaps we will see each other on the road down here in South Florida.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! I am looking forward to mileage like that. Thanks for the mechanic's name. I installed a DC power plug today and a LED headlight bulb a few weeks back. Its a small world, perhaps we will see each other on the road down here in South Florida.
No Problem,I'm simply goin by what my mpg's displays on the bike!(?)!-Funny,I actually(&)Literally ride my bike approx.35 miles a day-thats to&from work every day/I Religously run Chevron High test gas every day,Also.......Funny thing is,Does'nt matter if I'm runnin 75 or 80+mph,it almost Always takes 6-8 tenth's of a Gallon to fill it every evening-Go figure? Ride Safe& be Well:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious,What year is your VS?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just logged 400 miles so I was keeping the revs down due to break- in but the first three tankful were all right around 57 mpg.
Sounds Good-Just try to remember to keep it around 60 mph til the first 600 miles of break in/Enjoy the bike,&KEEP THE RUBBER TO THE ROAD:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
So far I've put just over 300 miles on her and two fill ups. I guess that's about 50mpg for me using Sheetz 87 fuel.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts