Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember that someone added a player to play mp3's, can't remember if it was a usb flash drive or just one that worked with sd (or micro sd) cards. Thinking of adding something like this in the trunk that uses a fm transmitter.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had an FM transmitter in the topcase with a 12V outlet, switched through ignition and works good, BUT hat the change to get the Ipod cable incl. an 8GB Ipod for a really good price and had to say, the was the best decision.

See you in Daytona in 2017 !

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My problem is that I seem to forget to charge my mp3 player. Figured this would be a good option. Thought about an Ipod, but as I recall, with that I can't just drag and drop the mp3's to it, Or has my memory gone completely?

·
Registered
214 Posts
No drag and drop with apple. You need to install iTunes. I dont love it either and you need a bit time to learn how it works, but it is free and I only need the function get my music on the Ipod.

The Ipod with the oem kawi cable is not pricey, but it works best. I-pod is getting charged and you can skip trough your play list with the handlebar controls.

Cu,
Sven

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
I use a cheap MP3 player I gave 5 bucks for that uses one AAA battery. It will play about 6 hours per battery and uses a SD card.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I previously used an old iPod of my daughter's. Worked perfect with he Kawasaki iPod adapter. I recently moved to Bluetooth connected to my phone so I can do more with Pandora and iHeart Radio. I bought a Coolstream that connects right to the iPod connecter. It gets power from the iPod connecter and has an option to turn off and on automatic when the bike's key. I control the music from my phone mounted on a handlebar mount.

Coolstream Duo

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought an audio jack on Ebay that plugs into the audio adapter on my Voyager. It has two 3.5mm jacks on it so I can plug my MP3 player into it. I can also plug my GPS into it and get voice commands through my speakers.
I use a Sandisk Clip Jam 8GB + SD and a Garmin Nuvi (no vibration issues)
I plan on putting a marine grade USB plug in the dash this winter, so I can plug both in to charge as I drive without using the cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
214 Posts
@ 8a31 :

Make sure that your USB charger/outlet is switched off when ignition is off. If not, it will drain your battery.

To your set-up : Yes, will work and with the USB charge outlet also, BUT still no usage for the handlebar controller.

Only way to use those is with the oem I-pod cable with an Ipod or similar or with a bluetooth adapter like the one KAP mentioned in post #6. It also will be charged while in use.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make sure that your USB charger/outlet is switched off when ignition is off. If not, it will drain your battery.

To your set-up : Yes, will work and with the USB charge outlet also, BUT still no usage for the handlebar controller.

Your quite right. I know there are a few power sources behind the fairing that tie into the ignition. I thought that would be the best option knowing the problems with the cigarette plug vibrating.
I cannot use the bar controls to change the music but I have it on random and only load my favorites so it works out fine. I can still control the volume and it sounds great or at least as great as a stock system can sound.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use the IPOD connector that comes with the Kaw and bought an older IPOD online and had a Solid State Drive installed and now no skips, holds more songs and stays with the Kaw all of the time, I even have all the controls on the handler bars working great, and it shows the songs ect on the display, and I just loaded my song via ITunes and no issues. Would not change a thing, bought the connector and the IPOD online and had a company install the SSD

Thanks
Robert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts