Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....of engine size that is. Sadly, as much as I LOVE my 900 and all the fun I've had riding her and customizing her, I've decided to move up to a larger motor/bike. Not that the 900 isn't capable of touring as I and many others have taken lengthy trips on the 900. But more because even after a few years of owning her, I STILL reach for that missing 6th gear. That has been my ONLY complaint with the 9 since day one.
So anyway, I tend to browse Craigslist from time to time to see what's out there in the world of used bikes and came across one that I just couldn't pass up. I picked up a 2000 Road Star Silverado for less than 1500 bucks, complete with windshield, mustang seat, hard bags sissy bar, and tour pack, along with plenty of other accessories. It's a 1600 cc motor with a 5 speed. But the way it's geared, I only use 5th gear for anything over 65 mph. Even at 55, it seems to lug the motor. In 4th gear at 55 mph, the motor purrs like a kitten. And with the floor boards, highway pegs and after putting the stock seat back on (the mustang was like riding on a piece of steel it was so hard) it's much more comfortable physically than the 9 that I spent a lot of time making comfortable on my back. So with form, function and comfort being (for me) better than my 9, I jumped at the opportunity and snatched it up.
So now I'm going to be selling my 900. Although I won't be selling the bagger parts with her as they are made for a Road Star and it saves me from having to buy them again :)

So regretfully, yes regretfully since I LOVE Kawasaki motorcycles, I'm moving into the Yamaha camp for a while. I'll still poke my nose in here every once in a while. This forum has been extremely helpful in many ways for me, as well as fun and informative. You guys are a great group of folks and I hope all of the newer members get the same perception as I have.

I know, no pics, it didn't happen so here's a pic of me riding her home:

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Ride doom,congrats ,like the Rs myself,sorry to c u go,you could stay tho.Good luck with her
Thanks Rev. I've always liked the R*. And the torque on this thing is incredible. I'm more impressed with it every time I'm in the saddle. And I'm not leaving the forum all together. I'm sure I'll be owning another Kaw in the future :grin2:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Thanks Rev. I've always liked the R*. And the torque on this thing is incredible. I'm more impressed with it every time I'm in the saddle. And I'm not leaving the forum all together. I'm sure I'll be owning another Kaw in the future :grin2:
Looked at one at a dealer,was nice,couldn't agree on price and salesman pissed me off,on another thread,but she is a beauty,b safe:grin2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts