Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it, I went to a bigger bike. I know that question has come up alot about how big is big enough. I wasn't really planning on it this soon but I ran across what I thought was a really good deal. I just bought a 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300 with 1700 miles on it and probably $1200-1500 worth of performance/custom parts. I won't be selling my VN900 until spring, I don't want to give it away now. I'm sure to get some comments on switching to Yamaha, but I think Kawasaki really needs to fill the gap between the 900 and 1700.

I just wanted to say I have enjoyed all of the good information from this forum and everyone here. It really helps to have all of this knowledge available when your try to troubleshoot some problem. I probably will be checking in ocassionally through the winter but probably after I sell my 900 I won't be back much. Regards, Russ

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
What a pity, i hope you enjoy your new bike.
I made my new airbox and to be honest the seed for the idea was planted by your article o your airbox mod.

Regards Grant

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Nothin' wrong with the V-Star(except that it's not a kawi:p j/k, I had to get at least one jab in, lol) a friend rides an '07 Venture and it's a sweet ride. Thank you for hanging out and being a contributing member!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well, i sure can't argue with you about the gap Kaw is leaving in the lineup.
You'll be missed, rs900, thanks for your valuable input.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The Vulcan community is the lesser for your departure. Thank you for your excellent posts and the time you spent here sharing your knowledge and abilities.

Thank you, and enjoy the V Star. I looked at the 1300, and really liked it and might have gotten it if the only dealer nearby hadn't been so pompous.

Andy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey... congrats on your new ride! I'm sure you're very delighted with it. Your 900 should be easy to sell in the spring... just show them your bike's BOTM status! You've done a lot to it and it will be a nice "catch" for someone else.

Hopefully the Yamahas will have a good a forum as this one... but we'll miss you here. Take care, bro.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Forest, I've already stripped my Kawasaki down and returned it to stock. I'm using as much as I can on my Yamaha (bags, backrest and luggage rack, windshield). Some of these require new bracket, paint or replacement windshield, but it cuts down on my overall cost. I'll sell the rest on Ebay. As has been said elsewhere on the forum, it's hard to recoup costs by leaving custom part on the bike and trying to get top dollar for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can't go wrong with Yamaha Star bikes. I have 2006 Roadstar with 30,000 miles - only problem was fuel pump went this past spring. Before that was a 2002 Vstar 650 that I traded in with 16,000 miles (bought it in March 2005 with 2000 miles). If the Vstar 1300 is built anything like the R*, you should be quite happy. I picked up a 2009 VN900 SE for something smaller to throw and whip around the back roads.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My local Kaw dlr also sells Yammie and has a new Black Cherry/flamed RoadStar Silverado setting on the floor that I'd trade the 900 for in a heartbeat......if I could afford it that is.....

·
Registered
657 Posts
I hope you enjoy your new V-Star. I hear some of models are a real kick in the pants to change the oil filter on!!!:eek: I really wish there was a Vulcan somewhere between 1100 and 1300. I hope to add a bigger bike to the stable in about 2 years, but I'mm keeping the 900. I just plain like it too much to give it up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Parts for Sale

I'm posting this in the "For Sale" forum also, but I wasn't sure how often people look at that so I'm including it here. Everything is on Ebay, for you guys I'll let you know the Reserves (normally you don't do that)

Kawasaki Risers: Reserve - $50
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190353899763&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Cobra FI2000R: Reserve - $100
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190353883354&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Handlebars: no reserve
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190353890535&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Kuryakyn Magnum Mirrors: no reserve
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190353874463&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Cobra Sissybar and Pad: Reserve already met, $75
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190352639669&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
droool....drool..... oh wow I love that red.... nice bike!!

Well I did it, I went to a bigger bike. I know that question has come up alot about how big is big enough. I wasn't really planning on it this soon but I ran across what I thought was a really good deal. I just bought a 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300 with 1700 miles on it and probably $1200-1500 worth of performance/custom parts. I won't be selling my VN900 until spring, I don't want to give it away now. I'm sure to get some comments on switching to Yamaha, but I think Kawasaki really needs to fill the gap between the 900 and 1700.

I just wanted to say I have enjoyed all of the good information from this forum and everyone here. It really helps to have all of this knowledge available when your try to troubleshoot some problem. I probably will be checking in ocassionally through the winter but probably after I sell my 900 I won't be back much. Regards, Russ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts