Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those look pretty great! One mount point would make it a lot easier too. Though it doesn't show any pictures of the breaks, which I probably would want ?
Thank you!
the brakes on these bikes are hydraulic, thats a whole new can of worms. They work by pushing a plunger into the master cylinder. I'd want the whole unit to move along with the peg and bracket, and that's why I suggested adapting a Versys, or Ninja 650 bracket to do what you're after. You might gander at the Mr. Martini bikes to garner some inspiration.

https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/kawasaki-cafe-racer/return-of-mach-mr-martini-kawasaki/

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I like the Martini kit, though their set up of the pegs is different than I'd like. The Zeus Customs one I had a picture of a few posts ago is what I like. They used the original hardware. I'm still working on figuring it out and getting the pieces. I also use the bike for school so I can't take it totally apart for a week, so it's happening slowly. Plus I'm in Florida where it's perpetually sauna weather and rain. So I have about an hour of tolerable conditions outside until like October!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Plus I'm in Florida where it's perpetually sauna weather and rain. So I have about an hour of tolerable conditions outside until like October!
Time to eat a bag of cement and harden up.:laugh2:
I ride every day to work and back and at least once a month on country roads for fun.
It ranges from about 3°C like this morning to about 43°C last summer. Rain/drought/heatwave, our lil Vulcan just keeps going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's hard to see on the Zeus customs rig, but I'm sure a weekend and some 1/4" steel would get you in the ballpark. At the least you could fashion up a working concept. I think you are on the right track with the two frame mounting points you've already pointed out. If you had a sheet of steel, drill it to fit those two points and clamp your bracket to the plate you just made and find out where you like the pegs, mark, drill and tap for the stock bolts. Then draw and trim away the excess, et voila!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone interested may want to look at the Versys 650.

Might be a bolt-on or near bolt-on option. Change out the plastics. Will come down to mounting points: if they are common between the two bikes, you are golden.

·
Registered
2016 Vulcan S, Candy Matte Orange, Delkevic 14" Carbon Exhaust, PCV w/ Auto Tune, Morimoto Lighting
156 Posts
Nice work! Looks great

21 - 30 of 30 Posts