Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried moving the rear seat back and top case on the 1700 Voyager? Since my wife doesn’t weigh 100 pounds and with the driver back rest she’s a bit cramped on long trips. Probably only need to move it back a couple of inches would make a major difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I thought about that but the plastic chrome trim would have to be cut. There is a YouTube video where a guy did that to remove his tourpak. That's probably a good starting point

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Rick from Luverne Kawasaki did a top-notch job once moving a trunk back for one of their customers. He sent me a few photos of it when I was wanting to do the same thing - those are below. It's a beautiful job, but you need to buy some OEM chrome trim to use as an extension, so it's not a cheap solution. Others have done similar (but without the same fit & finish) by remounting the trunk on a short length of box section steel bar.

In the end, I removed the passenger backrest from my trunk, took out the rubber isolators, and modified them so the backrest was flush mounted. That gained an inch or so. And when I had my Russell seat manufactured, I asked them to give the passenger as much room as they could.

It's about right now for both of us. There's not as much room as we had on the 1500 Nomad, but it's enough.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts