Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a love affair with my VN900 for the past year. In that time, I have put on OEM Kawi Shield, OEM Kawi lowers, fork bag, GPS, radiator cover, regulator cover, Kuryakyn ISO grips with large throttle boss, Cobra engine guard, Kuryakyn offset dually highway pegs, Mustang wide touring seat, Utopia drivers back rest, cobra passenger back rest, Kuryakyn tripple whammy, de-baffled pipes, re-baffled pipes, slant saddlebags with supports, and Sebel Natuilus air horn. Oh yea and about 8k mi.

I came accross a deal on a Stratoliner Midnight the other day that was just too hard to pass up. I found a buyer for my Vulcan took my last ride last night to drop it at it's new home and now have the Stratoliner. I am making my peace with the 1900 now.

I want to thank you all on the board for your insight, expertise, experience and attention to detail. Without you, my first cruiser experience would not have been so wonderful. I will check in, but will be on the Star Bike Forums. Give me a shout if you happen to be in that neck of the woods.:cool:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Congrats on your new ride.
But we won't believe it until we see it!!
Share some pics ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
What Kind of trunk is that?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well, unless you just wanted a lower bike to reach the ground easier, you wouldn't have gone wrong on a Gold Wing. Amazing motorcycle. But in any case, congrats on your ride, now that you've had it for a few months. I test rode one last year and was very impressed with everything about it but the size of the gas tank. 4.3 gallon capacity is just too small for that big an engine. Really gives it limited range. Loved everything else about it, especially the power.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got nothing against the wing. It is a great bike. Most of the group that I ride with are wings. It was a matter of wanting a cruiser. The wing is a fine (probably the best) touring machine out there, but there is a "fun factor" that I find comes with cruisers that I just didn't get on a wing. My wife sat on the back of a wing and was wow'd by the cup holders, speakers and wrap around back rest. So for $350 i put on the trunk with the wrap around back rest and saved myself 12K or so.

My first cruiser was the vn900 and I fell in love with it. The Stratoliner is bigger and burlier, but still great fun to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Our loss here in Vulcan land, but you look like you're enjoying it, that's what's important. Beautiful bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts