Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the bike shop yesterday to have a new front tire along with front and rear brakes put on. I guess I was there a bit too long! I was just killing time, looking around. Next thing I know I'm drooling over a 2012 Nomad 1700. What a beauty! But way out of my price range. Of course the salesman gets his hooks into me. I figure , What the hell, run some numbers! Figuring there is no way I'll buy. But it will keep me entertained for a while.

Now I'm the proud owner of a brand spanking new Nomad! I was able to pay off my 900 Custom. And I got a 1% interest loan for 72 months! Made my payment just $70 more than I was paying on my 900! I got a 6 year parts and labor warranty, including the battery! The warranty sealed the deal.

I had no intention of moving up to such a big bike. Probably never. But I got handed a deal I just couldn't refuse. So you'll be seeing me in the 1700 section of the forum.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well, congrats on the new "Nad." You will enjoy that bike, and it's surprising how well and easy it handles. Won't get the same kind of gas mileage the 9er gets, but you'll trade that for some great performance and comfort. Have fun!

Need pix, too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh yeah...I did the same thing. Took the 900 for service and looking around the showroom and next thing you know I am riding a 2K (with less miles than my 900) home.

Congrats on the upgrade!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Just remember the 900 is a lot cheaper at the pump.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Congrats!
The "Nad" is probably one of my favorite bikes of all time.....to me, it is shockingly good looking. Pics down the road?...(and I'm not one of those buffoons saying without pics it didn't happen)...Just genuinely interested in the pics...from all angles, if you can.
(apologies in advance to the buffoons)...lmao.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

In all seriousness. Congratulations on your new bike!

Scott

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
So, did you keep the 900 or trade it in? When I got my V2K I really wished I could keep the 9 too, but that wasn't about to happen (space, maintenance, insurance, etc.). As much as I like the V2K, the 900 is maybe the best "hoppin' around town" bike there is.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
So, did you keep the 900 or trade it in? When I got my V2K I really wished I could keep the 9 too, but that wasn't about to happen (space, maintenance, insurance, etc.). As much as I like the V2K, the 900 is maybe the best "hoppin' around town" bike there is.
I too have often thought about getting another bike for the "wife". More accurately stated a more nimble bike for the times I get that "lay it in the curve" moments.

OP,
I have not rode a 900 for any amount of time but I say you will enjoy the nomad more especially if you plan on doing some open road time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats on the new bike,Ive done that too, sounds like you got a great deal I wouldnt have though personally way to many financial commitments now nbut some day!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Movin on up

I went to the bike shop yesterday to have a new front tire along with front and rear brakes put on. I guess I was there a bit too long! I was just killing time, looking around. Next thing I know I'm drooling over a 2012 Nomad 1700. What a beauty! But way out of my price range. Of course the salesman gets his hooks into me. I figure , What the hell, run some numbers! Figuring there is no way I'll buy. But it will keep me entertained for a while.

Now I'm the proud owner of a brand spanking new Nomad! I was able to pay off my 900 Custom. And I got a 1% interest loan for 72 months! Made my payment just $70 more than I was paying on my 900! I got a 6 year parts and labor warranty, including the battery! The warranty sealed the deal.

I had no intention of moving up to such a big bike. Probably never. But I got handed a deal I just couldn't refuse. So you'll be seeing me in the 1700 section of the forum.
Congrats on your new ride! Have fun :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
This is why I don't get services done at dealerships that sell bikes, haha. A coworker did the EXACT same thing. Getting some work done on his VN900, ended up buying a Nomad with the "tipping point" being a killer warranty.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Reading all this and stuff on the 1700 forum makes me almost want to go trade all my bikes (2) in on a new Nomad. Fortunately, I can't afford it and both my bikes are paid for. There's a lot to be said for that.

Seriously though, enjoy the new Nomad. AND...........PICS PLEASE.

Here's one of my with my '10 Nomad in Idaho

And just to keep things on track (this IS the 900 forum), here's on of my wife on her 900LT, which we still have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts