Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've considerd going in that direction myself. What was the deternining factors of your decision to move up? Let us know what you think of your new ride. Is your stock seat as good as the Mustang seat on your 900? Anyway, enjoy your new ride. Be safe and take extra care while you're getting use to the Nomad. :D

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Looks good man! Enjoy!

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was at my local dealer for a bike night charity ride and saw the Nomad. It was just traded for a Gold Wing. It caught my eye because I have always been a sucker for red and the previous owner chromed it all out. Most of my hot rods and muscle cars have been red too. The wife and I were looking up move up to something for more long distance comfort. So we went back the other night and couldn't pass up the deal we got. We had been looking at the Voyager but didn't want all the weight... Haven't completely decided on the seat yet. The wife says it feels better because it is somewhat softer so she is comfortable on her part of the seat. Time will tell for me and the seat but so far so good. As far as the ride... WOW! Night and day the way it handles bumps in the road and the crosswinds. Way more power than a body will ever need. Not as nimble in the twisties but it is 170 pounds heavier so I didn't expect it to be.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I may eventually get a 1700 or 2000, for long distance. But, I love my twisty mountain roads too much to ever get rid of my 900. :)
I just don't know what I want :D. Sometimes I want a Nomad, sometimes I want a Voyager/Vaquero, sometimes I have no clue what I want!

But, the 900 has yet to let me down. I'm happy every time I ride it and I ride it alot. So we'll hang on to her for a while yet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts